Feeding Danio Fry

raptors_4

Reaction score
Just got about 20 fry from my tank and have them separate from the rest of the fish. I hatched some brine shrimp to feed them but I'm not sure if they're big enough to eat them yet. I tried to get some liquid fry food today but couldn't find any. Should they be able to eat brine shrimp or is there something better I could feed them?

They are free swimming.

OP
R

raptors_4

Reaction score
I've looked up several sources on google but there is a pretty big range of what is the best thing to do. I've read you can put put them straight on powered flakes(don't think it would work), or even just leave them and let them find microscopic organisms in the water already. Has anyone raised their danio fry? Whats the easiest way with the highest success rate?

MamaM

Reaction score
I have danio fry & they are currently living in my rocks eating the microscopic stuff that collects there.  So far so good (they are less than a month old).  But here is a thread that may help--shollia is going through the same thing & has good info!  Good luck!
Sharon

shollia

Reaction score
This is a quote from Butterfly..... this should help ya if you can't find liquid fry food.

Most fry that hatch from eggs are too small to eat crushed flakes but there are lots of goodies(microscopic creatures) in the gravel for them to eat. if you want to put them in the net you could feed them infusoria. To make infusoria crush a lettuce leaf, cover it with wter and let it sit in strong light( not sunlight) about 24 hrs. Shine a light through the container, you should see tiny dust looking creatures. These are infusoria several times a day put some of the "tea" in the net with the fry. Doing this you have to keep a very close check on water parameters. Hope that helps
I was lucky enough to have found some liquid fry food at the Petsmart here and that's what I've been feeding mine. Alot of my fry have died, but that's probably b/c my tank was having bad ammonia spikes for a while. But I do have 3 fry in my net that are big enough to start eating crushed up flakes.. or well, they're trying to heh... I watched one try to attack some like the big fishies do

New Threads