Feeding Corys

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
I'm really having a hard time figuring out how much my corys need to eat. Can anyone who has a lot of experience with them tell me? I have 4 of them, though they are all weirdly enough in descending sizes (that's how they came) so that there's a big one, a middle sized one and two small ones. They are peppered corys.

What I have to offer them is shrimp pellets, which they seem to like. There are also a couple of kinds of regular fish food and of course the betta's food.

I was told that the snail needs about 4 pellets a day but I'm worried about the fish eating those as well as their own food.

I'd really appreciate some advice. It only occured to me now that the advice on the container and that I got at the pet store is inadequate.

OP
P

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
I know for a fact some people on here have corydoras catfish. I'd really appreciate someone telling me how much they feed theirs.

Gwenz

Well Known
Reaction score
I bought 3 panda corries yesterday I am feeding them Tetra Variety flakes which they seem to like. I only feed them 1 flake between them because they are very small (around 3/4 inch) and they don't even finish that one flake.

I think it probably depends on the corries. Just remember not to overfeed them.

Try feeding the betta and the corries on opposite sides of the tank so that they don't eat each others food and you know what they are eating.

Hope this helps a little.

Gwenz

OP
P

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
The pandas look so nice, I'm glad you found some Gwenz.

My four seem to be able to finish a pellet in about five minutes between them. The instructions say that I'm supposed to give them 3-4 times daily what they can finish in under half an hour. So if I do that 3 x a day that seems reasonable.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Give them as much variety as you can! Try veggie wafers, spirulina sticks/pellets, etc. Also get some good quality tubifex cubes (Hikari, Omega One) and smash one against the glass just above the substrate. They should go apey! Do this only once a week though. The worms are high in fat and messy in your tank. They really love 'em!

Gwenz

Well Known
Reaction score
Thanks Gunnie I'll try to find these somewhere. I live in UK and we don't have HikarI / Omega One foods here. What are tubifex cubes?

Thanks

Gwenz

OP
P

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
I'll have to try that. My corys also like the betta flakes, which my betta doesn't really eat but nibbles at just out of curiousity.

New Threads