feeding corries

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 3 new panda corries and I have been feeding them Tetra Variety Wafers. Today I bought some TetraPlecomin for all bottom feeding tropical fish (contains algae) and some Tubifex. How often should I feed these? And how do I feed the Tubifex to them, just stick them to the glass?

Thanks

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Should I be feeding the tubifex to them often, or just once or twice a week? And what about the algae flakes? (There is no algae in the tank)

Thanks

Gwenz

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think the tubifex should be fed about once a week, since they're a very rich kind of food. What form do they come in, freeze dried?

I feed my corys three pellets a day, at different intervals, and I have four of the beasts. They seem to be doing well enough on that. Now and then I float a few fish flakes in the water and they eat those as well. I haven't tried the worms yet but I'm going to get some next week. The thing is, normally with corys you might have them in a community tank with livebearers or tetras or whatnot, and they get a decent diet scavenging what the other fish don't eat as well as having a pellet or two per day, but with a betta it's more difficult because you make sure you only feed the betta as much as he's guaranteed to eat and digest.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks you answered my question ;D. At the moment they are in a tank by themselves in my Q tank. They will be going to the 7.5 gallon tank when it's cycled with a betta.

Gwenz

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
BTW, fair warning: you may have to be careful, some bettas (like mine) are complete and utter pigs and will eat just about anything you put in. I've never seen a betta do that before but Rusty does. You may need to make sure not to feed your betta regular food when you are feeding something rich like tubifex worms. It's not a huge BEWARE, just advising you to keep an eye on what he does.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK thanks. I haven't got a betta yet but will keep that in mind for when I do have a betta.

Gwenz

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Bruce will try to eat almost every thing thats out in his tank as well

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Stick just one cube against the glass just above the bottom of the tank. Don't feed them more than twice a week. They are high in fat and very messy. You will probably have to do a quick vacuum after they are done eating also. Tubifex are very messy, but my corys absolute go nuts for them. Hopefully you have a good brand like Hikari or Omega One. My fish won't touch the Wardley brand. I think they sit too long on the shelf.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
We don't have Hikari or Omega One or Wardley brand in UK. (Or Ihaven't heard about them and can't find them anywhere). I have the "Interpet" brand.

Gwenz

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and try them. I've never heard of that brand.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The cubes are 1cm by 1cm. Is this the normal size for them or is this too big? My corries are only small (3/4 of an inch) and don't eat much can I cut them in half?

Thanks

Gwenz

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep. Cut them in half. They will pull the worms off the cube.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank Gunnie. I cut one in half and tried to stick it to the glass just above the bottom of the tank, but it wouldn't stick to the glass and floating to the top. I took it out because I didn't want it just floating around the tank. What can I do? Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom