Feeding Clown Pleco

fishlover25

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A little over a week ago, I got a clown pleco. Every other day, I have been dropping half of an Omega One veggie round about an hour after lights out. I have witnessed him eating it so I know he does find it before my other fish. But what I'm finding is that my fish have huge full bellies in the morning. So that means my pleco isn't eating all of what I drop.

Does that mean that I'm feeding too much or just that he doesn't like it? I do have driftwood and I have read that lots of clown plecos only eat driftwood but I want to make sure he's eating. Should I continue feeding the veggie round?

Rshore

Valued Member
Reaction score
If you've seen him eating it then i wouldn't stop feeding it to him as for less im not sure that necessary I don't see the problem with a midnight snack for the rest of your fish, someone else may be more experienced in this matter can tell you more then that, but what i can recommend is you try dropping a cucumber or zucchini slice in there from time to time chances are your other fish will ignore it but your clown pleco will most likely enjoy it, atleast mine does and what ive found is unlike other pleco species he actually prefers to eat the skin first.

Hope this is helpful !

fishlover25

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have tried cucumber and green squash so far. Haven't tried Zucchini because my super market doesn't seem to carry it at the moment. He didn't seem to like it. After 24 hrs, it was barely touched. I know it can take time so I will continue trying though.

Rshore

Valued Member
Reaction score
I know that feeling ! Mine didnt touch it for so long i gave up trying to feed it to.him after moving him to another tank i figured I'd give it go and he seem to enjoy it now, skin side up though as he seems to enjoy that most for some reason

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom