feeding beef heart to cherry shrimp and albino cories?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by monkeypie102, Dec 14, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Okay so i am expanding what my cherries are eating will they eat beef heart? I am going to be buying one today to start conditioning my ablino cories for breeding... also how should I go about preparing the beef heart for the criesand cherry shrimp?

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Roll it in NLS :)

I'm kidding, I don't know.

3. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Haha... I have never used NLS I should propably try it out huh...

So for the shrimp I was thinking using a cheese grater and shreading some of it while it is partially frozen

4. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Ooh I have a recipe. I'll go look it up and be back in a bit lol.

:;laughing

5. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

are we talking about the actual cow heart? or the frozen cubes?

6. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Actual cow heart (is there any other kind of beef heart producer?) Sadly I went everywhere in town... due to deer season no one has any... I went to petsmart and they didn't have any cubed... so i bought frozen plankton for now... black skirts love it! And I learned something about frozen foods.... it floats -_-

7. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I've made my own beef heart frozen cubes. Nothing like putting a heart in a blender :D

8. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

That was the plan! I wasn't sure if there is anything else needed for prep or needed to add to make it healthier?

9. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Organic Beef Heart would be best. Just make sure they didn't spray any chemicals on it.

10. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

I read that, 65% beef heart (white sinew removed) 15% cod 10% shrimp 10% veg (peas and such) is a good mix for a beef heart recipe, get other opinions though before you try this I am a noob :)

11. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

12. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

alright I will take a look when I get home from work :) I think there is a local market place here that may sell me organic beef heart :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice