Feeding arowana live bloodworms.

Discussion in 'Arowana' started by leeishom, Mar 30, 2010.

1. l

leeishom Valued Member Member

Ok, i've been feeding mine from my fingers.
    Whatever left over my gouramis snake on.
    So, using fingers to hold the worms to allow most to be eaten without allowing them to sink.
    Some times my aro would bite my fingers instead, but after a while she would gently nibble.

So, is there a better way? May be using sine sort of object?

2. midthought

midthought Well Known Member Member

I use chopsticks to hold bloodworms above the water for my betta to catch, but then again I was the self-crowned Chopstick Princess in first grade.

3. OP
    OP
    l

leeishom Valued Member Member

Good idea.
    Well...I'm also a self crowned chop-stick king.

4. t

timmygt33 Valued Member Member

Chopsticks are easy, though i do eat around 6 meals a week with them and thats been forever! hehe, i just use a small spoon to feed them bloodworms

5. maxima423

maxima423 Well Known Member Member

hahahaha, chopstick princess *i have tears running down my face*

6. o

oscar freak New Member Member

my arowana has just started getting a taste for frozen bloodworms,i chuck a block in and it floats for while which is great because he never eats anything below his barbels

7. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

It may be a good idea to let the bloodworms thaw first, if they are frozen, it may damage the fish's stomach.

Oscar freak, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your arowana probably needs a larger tank, preferably one over 1000 Liters in volume. The arowana will grow huge, and at 4 feet long, your current tank won't be suitable.

8. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

I use a turkey baster to feed bloodworms to my peacock gudgeon alpha male that is always egg sitting in his tube. If i put them right at the entrance to the tube he'll come out and eat them.

9. o

for real elodea im working on getting a bigger asap already,iv had the guy for less than 3 months and his already 10x bigger thought i would have at least a year before i needed to upgrade guess not.sorry for OT

10. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

Okay, sorry to bother you, Oscar Freak. Looks like your arowana has a caring owner that knows its requirements.

Sorry for the hijack Leeishom!

11. o

no worries elodea and thanx i'm doing my best now back to bloodworms;:barf,iv heard often how frozen blocks "may" be harmful to the fish eating them but i dont know how else to feed something so small to something with such a big mouth.and can 1 or 2 blocks a week really be dangerous?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice