Feeding Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgardner510

Valued Member
Reaction score
for anyone with Tinfoil Barbs or Bala sharks, what are you feeding yours? Pellets, frozen, live, etc? If pellets what kind? Sinking, floating etc.

I have both fish mentioned above and curious what else everyone is feeding yours.

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, these fish aren't really picky when it comes to food. they'll eat just about any type of food you throw at em. I think they're omnivores so blanched Romain or zucchini once every month could not hurt. live blackworms is also a good goto as well if u want to be zealous in your fish keeping. hmm personally for these guys I would probably keep a separate culture of gammarus shrimp for food since they are easy to culture

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

I used to own both and fed my tinfoils (literal vacuum cleaners) a mix of flake, bloodworms, peas (cooked+deshelled), lettuce, blanched zucchini and worms (chopped) when they got big. I focused a little more on plant matter and gave protein more as a "supplement"
For my sharks, they got something similar: bloodworms, tubifex (freeze-dried), worms (chopped) and occasionally shrimp (chopped, when I could get some from my friend) and flake/pellets
Both would occasionally get brine shrimp when I had to much from my cultures. They were great for thinning and cleaning them up

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom