Feeding Advice?

Discussion in 'Tinfoil Barb' started by bgardner510, Apr 26, 2017.

1. bgardner510Valued MemberMember

for anyone with Tinfoil Barbs or Bala sharks, what are you feeding yours? Pellets, frozen, live, etc? If pellets what kind? Sinking, floating etc.

I have both fish mentioned above and curious what else everyone is feeding yours.

2. KasshanWell Known MemberMember

Well, these fish aren't really picky when it comes to food. they'll eat just about any type of food you throw at em. I think they're omnivores so blanched Romain or zucchini once every month could not hurt. live blackworms is also a good goto as well if u want to be zealous in your fish keeping. hmm personally for these guys I would probably keep a separate culture of gammarus shrimp for food since they are easy to culture

3. KinsKicksFishlore VIPMember

Hello!

I used to own both and fed my tinfoils (literal vacuum cleaners) a mix of flake, bloodworms, peas (cooked+deshelled), lettuce, blanched zucchini and worms (chopped) when they got big. I focused a little more on plant matter and gave protein more as a "supplement"
    For my sharks, they got something similar: bloodworms, tubifex (freeze-dried), worms (chopped) and occasionally shrimp (chopped, when I could get some from my friend) and flake/pellets
    Both would occasionally get brine shrimp when I had to much from my cultures. They were great for thinning and cleaning them up :p

Hope this helps!

4. bgardner510Valued MemberMember

Thanks everyone!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice