Feeding advice

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by cookiecutter, Jul 14, 2015.

1. c

cookiecutter Valued Member Member

I have 5 Bichirs in my grow up tank. 3 Sens, 1 Ornate and 1 Weeksii. The sens and weeksii eats fine but the ornate always take forever to find food even if its right beside it. Its not that he doesn't like it, its just that he's slow... Hikari Carnivore pellets btw. The 4 bichirs have been getting a nice rounded belly while the ornate is getting slimmer and slimmer and kind of looks like a worm now. I tried to target feed but that didn't work either and i end up overfeeding. Is there any advice you guys can give me?

2. pritam

pritam Valued Member Member

you can soak your pellets in ginger extract. i think every fish love ginger and it also help to improve health.
    if its looks like a worm now then you should move it to QT.
    soaking your pellets in garlic extract may help in this problem. if the condition is worse then you should go for medication.

3. octopanda

octopanda Well Known Member Member

well i think that your bichir has internal parasites. Possibly treat for those?

question: how big is your tank?

4. OP
    OP
    c

Tank size is 40gal. They will be moved to a large plastic storage container thats roughly at least 130+ gallon in the future. Some times when the ornate eats, his belly does get rounded like the rest of them, its just that he is always the slowest of the group so he doesnt get much food while the rest overeats. Should i separate him into another tank solely for the purpose of him being out-competitioned for food or is there a trick to doing this?

5. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

What are you feeding them?

6. OP
    OP
    c

Cut up Hikari Carnivore pellets.

7. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

I would add some chopped fish and/or shrimp to that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice