Feeding Adf's

Discussion in 'Amphibians' started by Froggyfriend, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Froggyfriend

Froggyfriend New Member Member

I have 4 adf's in a community tank, they hand feed really well so no problems there but at the moment the only thing I can find to give them is bloodworm. Is there anything else I could try them on to vary their diet?

2. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

WELCOME to Fishlore!!!

What size tank? What are the tank mates?

Shrimp pellets and other types of sinking pellets are great source that contains all the nutrients they need

3. OP
    OP
    Froggyfriend

Shallow 54 litre with 4 neon tetra, 4 rose tetra and a bristlenose. Had 4 guppies but they were great big bullies!

4. Al913

What are the dimensions?

So you have some stocking problems!!!

5. OP
    OP
    Froggyfriend

Not really, water is fine, everyone healthy, bristlenose may have to go into bigger tank soonish as he is growing fast! Frogs all kanoodling, boys sing most night so can't be too bad but haven't found any other food I can hand feed and fish lightening fast at getting in there first!

It's not super shallow but more than average, helps frogs get to surface. Has sand Base as gravel nearly killed one froggy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
  6. Al913

Bristlenose definetly will need a 20 gallon once it gets 2.5-3 inches. The neon tetra and rose tetra are a schooling fish and need a minimum group of 6. The neons are fine but the rose tetra need a 20 gallon minimum due to their size and their activeness.

7. OP
    OP
    Froggyfriend

Moving house soon so hopefully will be able to accommodate a bigger tank. Would also like to separate adf's to make feeding easier. Any suggestions on other adf food?

8. Al913

Brineshrimp, earthworms, night crawlers, and shrimps are other options!

9. OP
    OP
    Froggyfriend

Earthworms!! Eeew, thanks

10. ChibiMonkey

ChibiMonkey Valued Member Member

I have a colony in a species only tank, and they get bloodworms, brine shrimp, krill, daphnia, and pellets (not all on the same day of course).

11. marijo

marijo Well Known Member Member

Cut in tinny pieces as well!

Take a look at the care sheet for other food suggestions
    Care Sheet For African Dwarf Frogs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice