Feederguppies' Tanks And Fish

• Thread starter FeederGuppies
  • Start date

FeederGuppies

Well Known
AQUARIUMS:

20 gallon (males and fry)-

(I give my guppy fry and adolescent guppies 'nicknames' to tell them apart. Their names usually change when they grow up.)

8x male guppies (Twizzler, Skittles, Butter-Tail, 'No-Line', Jojo, Yoyo, 'Rainbowfin', and 'No-Marks')
2x male endler guppy hybrids (Mango and Streak)
3x male feeder guppy hybrids ('Spots', Jellybean, and 'Paperclip')
4x guppy fry ('Bright-Sides', 'Shine-Sides', and two unnamed)
1x amano shrimp (Jello)
1x assassin snails (Slayer)
pest snails(?)

20 gallon (females)-

8x female guppies (Second, Oreo, 'Plane Fry', 'Line', 'Greyscale', Jaws the 2nd, 'Gray Gup', and 'Blackspot')
7x guppy fry ('Speedy' and 6 unnamed)

Breeder box:

29 gallon-

1x female guppy
2x cardinal tetras
1x female BN pleco (Whitetip)
1x adolescent betta (Noodle)
3x nerite snails (Rival, Flash, and Zoom)
pest snails(!)

POND:

110 gallon-

4x goldfish (Finn, Popcorn, Lyre, and Whitemouth Bass)

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Breeding Reference Sheet (Guppies)-

Mother- Jewel + father- Shimmer or Rainbow:
Grape (female), Spot (female), Mars (male)

Mother- Jewel or Sunshine + father- Shimmer or Rainbow:
Pepper (female)

Mother- Pepper + father- unnamed sunrise guppy:
Shiny (female)

Mother- Sunflower + father- *most likely* Leo:
Cobra (male)

Mother- Eclipse + father- unknown (from fish store, or maybe Neptune) or Pluto *most likely* Neptune:
Twizzler (male)

Mother- Moon + father- Comet, Squish, or Monarch (from 20 gallon) *most likely* Squish:
Bite of the Rainbow (male)

Mother- Solar + father- unknown (from 20 gallon) *most likely* Squish:
Butter-Tail (male), 'Rainbowfin' (male), Glow (male, deceased), Oreo (female), 'Speckles' (speckled yellow tail, deceased), Skittles (male), 'Darth Fry' (smallest/darkest fry, deceased), 'Plane Fry' (female, not at all plain)

Mother- Moon + father- unknown (from 20 gallon) or Pluto:
Second (female), 'Big Fry' (deceased)

Mother- Solar + father- Thunder:
'Spots' (male), Jellybean (male), 'Speckity' (small fry with a speckled tail, deceased)

Mother- Second + father- unknown (from 20 gallon):
Batch 1-
'Line' (female), 'No-Line' (male)
Batch 2-
'Greyscale' (female), Jojo (male), Yoyo (male)
Batch 3-
'Paperclip' (male, fathered by Jellybean), Streak (male, fathered by Mango(?))
Batch 4-
'One-Line' (has one line on tail)

Mother- unnamed yellow guppy + father- unknown (from pet store):
'Young Yeller' (only yellow fry from batch), 6 unnamed

Mother- 'Greyscale' + father- unknown (from 20 gallon):
Batch 1-
'Gupple' (very small fry)
Batch 2- (might be fathered by 'Rainbowfin')
'Speedy' (speckled tail)
Batch 3-
6 unnamed

Note: Some of the parent guppies have died of old age, unknown causes, or the weird disease in my 29 gallon.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Good news! I'm going to switch the 10 gallon for a 20 gallon I got for free. Then I can fit all my new fry into it.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Pictures:

An Amano shrimp
IMG_0206.jpg

Photogenic PlutoIMG_0203.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg IMG_0368.jpg IMG_0657.JPG

Some more RCS
IMG_0416.jpg
IMG_0442.jpg
IMG_0800.JPG

Spot (orange tail), Blue (blue tail), and Grape (reddish tail)
IMG_0758.JPG

Shiny as a baby
IMG_1059.JPG

FeederGuppies

Well Known
I think one of my amano shrimp died, but I don't know why or which one.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Solar, the female guppy living in the 10 gallon, had more fry! She didn't try to eat them, but I moved them to the breeder box anyway. The fry in the breeder box were moved in with Solar. So, now there's 6 fry in the breeder box and 4 with Solar.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
I caught all the fry in the 20 gallon and put them in a container so I could count them. I counted 8 fry, though I used to have 11.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Magma and Solar died.

I'm pretty sure Magma died of old age, he was about 2 years old. I got him from the feeder guppy tank at a LFS, even though he wasn't even a feeder guppy. The two others I bought with him, Mercury and Thunder, are still alive and doing well. I'm not sure why Solar died.

Magma is the pinkish orange-tailed one in the right corner-
IMG_0357.jpg

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Bite is a male! I've decided to keep his name as Bite.

I moved the 4 fry in the 10 gallon ('Rainbowfin', 'Butter-Tail', 'Clear Fry', and 'Littledot') to the 20 gallon. 'Rainbowfin', formerly known as 'Gray Fry', now has colors on their tail.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
R.I.P. Cipher and Grape.
Cipher was a very strange guppy, I had it for more than a year, yet I could never tell Cipher's gender. It never had fry (that I know of), it never developed a pointed analfin, and it stayed as small as an adolescent guppy.
Grape was one of my oldest guppies, she was probably around 2 years old when she died. She was from the second batch of guppy fry that I had born into my tank.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
MORE pictures:

Mercury eating a pea
IMG_2394.jpg

Bite of the Rainbow (also known as Bite)
IMG_2255.jpg

I believe this fry is 'Second'
IMG_2303.jpg

Cobra (yellow) with Bite, 'Glow', and an unnamed fry
IMG_2359.jpg

From left to right: 'Glow', Bite, Neptune, Cobra, and 'Rainbowfin'. Background: unnamed fry (farthest), 'Halfie' (top), and 'Butter-Tail'.
IMG_2328.jpg

'Glow' (top left) and some unnamed fry
IMG_2340.jpg

'Rainbowfin' (top middle) and some unnamed fry
IMG_2381.jpg

Comet (right), 'Halfie' (middle), Thunder (top left), unnamed fry
IMG_2476.jpg

Neptune (left), Bite (top), and some other guppies
IMG_2371.jpg

From left to right: 'Second', Bite, and 'Rainbowfin'
IMG_2269.jpg

ParrotCichlid

Well Known
For someone with a name "feederguppies" I'm surprised at the species you keep. Thought you'd fall more on the predator side of things.

Nice fish though.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
ParrotCichlid said:
For someone with a name "feederguppies" I'm surprised at the species you keep. Thought you'd fall more on the predator side of things.

Nice fish though.
I named myself FeederGuppies because I used to like to buy guppies from the feeder tank instead of buying fancy guppies. Recently, I haven't bought many feeder guppies (or any guppies at all) because of my overabundance of fry.

Thanks.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
I think one of my fry ('Big Fry') is going blind.
IMG_2460.jpg
Could it be some kind of fungus? Or a genetic deformity?

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Some of my older pictures:

Young Cobra (bottom left) with Pluto (top) and Rainbow Jr. (right)
IMG_1639.JPG

Even younger Cobra
IMG_0949.JPG

Comet, who was quite photogenic when he was younger
IMG_1676.JPGIMG_1679.JPG

Pluto (right), Mercury (bottom left), and Lightening (top left)
IMG_1683.JPG

Rainbow Jr. and Pluto
IMG_1707.JPG

Monarch
IMG_1702.JPG

A picture of the adolescent betta before I moved it to the 29 gallon. I still haven't figured out its gender, so I have yet to name it.
IMG_1733.JPG

Viper, a beautiful endler hybrid I found in the feeder tank along with Squish, Moon, and Comet
IMG_1723.JPG

Squish, who was not as photogenic as Comet
IMG_1730.JPG

FeederGuppies

Well Known
'Glow' is officially a male! He is turning into a very nice snakeskin guppy.

Unfortunately, Mercury and 'Big Fry' died. I believe it might be due to a fungus, though I'm not sure. Now my oldest male is Thunder the feeder guppy.

An old picture of Mercury-
IMG_0370.jpg

FeederGuppies

Well Known
I moved 'Spots', 'Small Fry', and the two unnamed fry in the 10 gallon to the 20 gallon. 'Spots', despite being one of the youngest batch of fry, has already developed a pointed analfin.

The new 20 gallon will be set up soon, I'm planning to instant-cycle it with used filter media. I might have to buy a new divider for Poseidon, since I'm not sure how well he gets along with other fish.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Some pics:

'Glow'
IMG_2518.jpg

'Second'
IMG_2545.jpg

A blurry picture of Thunder
IMG_2538.jpg

The new fry ('Yellowshine' has a yellow tail, 'Small Fry' is the smallest).
IMG_2556.jpg
IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2557.jpg
IMG_2559.jpg

'Glow' and Bite
IMG_2510.jpg

'Glow' posing for the camera
IMG_2521.jpg
IMG_2531.jpg

FeederGuppies

Well Known
The 20 gallon is finally set up! Currently the only fish in it is Poseidon the betta.

JAMarlow

Great pictures!

Did you treat your tanks in any way to hopefully stop any spreading of fungus or disease?

FeederGuppies

Well Known
JAMarlow said:
Great pictures!

Did you treat your tanks in any way to hopefully stop any spreading of fungus or disease?
Thanks!

I haven't yet, but definitely considering it. I want to make sure I have a fungus before treating for it, though. It might just be bad water parameters.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Yesterday I got three nerite snails for the 29 gallon and two male endler hybrids for the 20 gallon! They seem to be doing great, and I was surprised to see only healthy fish in the tank which I got the endler hybrids.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
R.I.P. Spot
Spot died of unknown causes, though it was most likely due to old age. She was my oldest guppy, maybe even my oldest fish.
IMG_0192.JPG IMG_0191.JPG

JAMarlow

Aww. Always so sad when that happens.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
JAMarlow said:
Aww. Always so sad when that happens.
Yeah. She was from one of my first batches of fry, too...

FeederGuppies

Well Known
'Second' decided that she was old enough to have fry... I now have two fry in a breeder box on my new 20 gal.

FeederGuppies

Well Known

FeederGuppies

Well Known
FeederGuppies said:
'Second' decided that she was old enough to have fry... I now have two fry in a breeder box on my new 20 gal.
I forgot to mention that 'Second' had three more fry a week ago, and they are now in the breeder bow while 'Line' and 'No-Line' have been moved to the first 20 gallon. 'Second' is now in the divided 20 gallon.

Also, I got two new amano shrimp yesterday for the first 20 gallon. One has two dots on it's tail and the other has no dots.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
'Shimmer-Sides' is really starting to look like a male, with a slightly sharp-looking analfin and lots of color on his body. So is 'Halfie'.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
R.I.P. Thunder the feeder guppy.
I got him and two male fancy guppies (Magma and Mercury) from the feeder tank at a LFS. He has always been a very active guppy, then the last couple months he's kinda got slower and has had a hard time getting food. I started taking him out of the tank and feeding him separately from the other guppies, which I've also been doing with Blue, a deformed female in the 29 gal. Thunder was my oldest guppy, and I will definitely miss him.

An old picture of Thunder-
IMG_0375.jpg
A more recent picture, he was always a very non-photogenic guppy-
IMG_2748.jpg

JAMarlow

Hugs! Maybe he died of old age? How long did you have him?

FeederGuppies

Well Known
JAMarlow said:
Hugs! Maybe he died of old age? How long did you have him?
I had him for about a year and a half. I'm pretty sure he died of old age.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Some pictures taken today:

Bite of the Rainbow (adult male) and 'Rainbowfin' (fry in front)
IMG_2809.JPG

'Spots', formerly called 'Patches' and, before that, called 'Yellowshine'
IMG_2776.JPGIMG_2800.JPG

'Shimmer-Sides' (left), Bite (right), and 'Rainbowfin' (front)
IMG_2814.JPG

'Simmer-Sides'
IMG_2818 copy.JPG

'Double'
IMG_2828.JPG IMG_2829.JPG

'Glow'
IMG_2832.JPG

'Butter-Tail'
IMG_2852.JPG

FeederGuppies

Well Known
'Halfie', 'Shimmer-Sides', and 'Sparkle' are officially male. I was really surprised when I saw 'Sparkle' had a pointed analfin, he was one of the ones I thought was a female.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
The pattern and color of 'Double's' tail is extremely similar to Solar's, and since Solar and Moon are her only possible mothers, I've decided that her and the rest of that batch are from Solar. 'Second' was part of a slightly older batch of fry, which I believe to be Moon's. But, it is possible that 'Second' is just part of an older batch of Solar's fry.

Solar before she had her fry (far right)-
IMG_1682.JPG

Double (top right)-
IMG_2846.JPG

Speaking of 'Second', she had three more fry on the 7th. I have moved them to the breeder box with her other three fry.

I also decided that 'Plane Fry' and 'Double' were probably females, and have moved them to the female's 20 gallon.

'Shimmer-Sides' has developed into a beautiful snakeskin sunrise guppy. He looks almost exactly like Bite when he was that age, except with a lighter color of blue on his body. I renamed him Skittles.

Another thing I've figured out is that Squish is most likely the father of Solar's first batch of fry. I know this because Skittles looks a lot like Squish did. And, because Skittles looks like Bite, I can guess that Bite's father was also Squish.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Yesterday I knew something was off about one of my tanks. Today I realized what it was: Glow was missing. I looked everywhere in the 20 gallon housing my male guppies, but I found nothing.

Glow was a very personable guppy, and always seemed to be the center of attention- posing, darting around, or vigorously begging for food. Despite this, it was almost impossible to get a good picture of him! As if all this wasn't enough, Glow also changed color throughout the day; sometimes there would be a patch of turquoise blue on his body, sometimes yellow, sometimes pink/purplish/light blue. My tank will not be the same without this unique guppy. R.I.P. Glow.

Some recent pictures of Glow-
IMG_3192.JPG IMG_3218.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Even though 'Second' was moved to the divided 20 gallon in March, she's still not done having fry. On May 3rd, she had 6 more! The strange thing was, all the fry were on the betta's side of the tank, yet he didn't bother them at all. Some of the females on the other side of the divider were in with the betta as well, so maybe he's not as ruthless as I thought.

Shortly after I caught the 6 new fry, I moved the three oldest fry (the biggest of whom is nicknamed 'Blackeye') out of the breeder box and into the other 20 gallon. That left 9 fry in the breeder box including the 6 new ones. I then decided to move 'Line' to the divided 20 gallon, because I'm pretty sure she's a female. I also finally decided to move 'Darth Fry' to the breeder box, because s/he's starting to look really small compared to his/her siblings.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Some pictures from April 22nd:

One of the amano shrimp
IMG_3164.JPG

Skittles!
IMG_3180.JPG
IMG_3168.JPG

Left to right: Glow (R.I.P.), 'Butter-Tail', 'Halfie', and Bite of the Rainbow
IMG_3204.JPG

'Halfie' (left) and 'Spots'
IMG_3207.JPG

'Sparkle', who I think is half feeder guppy
IMG_3224.JPG

Bite
IMG_3240.JPG

From left to right: 'Speckles's' tail, Bite, and Cobra
IMG_3235.JPG

Mango darting away
IMG_3247.JPG

'Butter-Tail'
IMG_3248.JPG

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Darth Fry died.
Darth Fry has always been the runtiest guppy fry in the tank, and stayed the same size even when it's siblings grew into adulthood. Despite this, Darth Fry was healthy and active, long after I thought it would die. Unfortunately, only a week after I put it in the breeder box, so it could hopefully grow up a little without so much competition for food, Darth Fry died. I think it was just something wrong with it's genes, as Darth Fry has been small and skinny-looking since it was born. R.I.P. Darth Fry.
IMG_2838.JPG IMG_2837.JPG

I think Zippy (one of the amano shrimp) might've died too. I couldn't find him last time I did a water change, and haven't seen more than one shrimp since then. R.I.P. Zippy.

FeederGuppies

Well Known
Very late update-

Several of my guppies have died since the last time I posted.

Blue, Neptune, Cobra, Bite of the Rainbow, and Comet died of old age.
Topaz, 'Speckles', and 'Speckity' died of unknown causes.
Poseidon the betta died due to being over-stressed.
Killer the assassin snail died of old age.
One of the cardinal tetras died due to unknown causes, though it was probably just old age.
Six of 'Second's' fry (none from batch 1 or 2) died, maybe due to bad genetics.
An unnamed female guppy with a blue and red tail died days after I got her from ich. I was able to quickly treat the ich (it was in the female's 20 gallon) and no other fish died from it.
R.I.P.

At the same time as I got the unnamed female guppy, I also got a yellow female guppy and put her in the 29 gallon. She then had babies.
I took all the fry and put them in the breeder box with some of 'Second's' fry. A few of the fry died, but most of them (8 in all) survived and are just now being added to the male's 20 gallon.

Then, on September 30th, a guppy in the male's 20 gallon had a single fry. This fry is nicknamed 'Gupple'. 'Gupple's' father could be any male in that tank, and its mother could either be 'Grayscale' or 'Rainbowfin', who are being moved to the female's 20 gallon.

The fry from 'Second's' second batch were pretty interesting to watch grow up. Two of them developed almost identical patterns on their tails. The third one's tail stayed pretty clear. Slowly, the twins started to look more and more different. Then, the slightly bigger one got his colors and became a rainbow snakeskin guppy! The other twin soon followed and is just now starting to look like his brother.
The clear-tailed guppy turned out to be a female, and is currently called 'Greyscale'. It's amazing how easy it is to tell male from female fry if you look closely enough.

Before all this, 'Butter-Tail' and 'No-Line' also turned out to be rainbow snakeskin guppies. I now have more rainbow snakeskin males than differently colored males!

Top Bottom