20 Gallon Tank Feedback on a stocking idea

headpatsrequired

Hi everyone! I'm a returning aquarium hobbyist, if you will. I've been out of the hobby for a few years, but I just invested in a 20 gallon/75L aquarium and I'm super excited to get back into it.

One thing I've always wanted to try, but never got around to, was breeding livebearers. With that in mind, here's my stocking idea:

2 x Honey Gourami
2 X female Guppies
1 x Male Guppy
4 x Nerite snail.

I'm conscious that Guppies breed like crazy, and can quickly overwhelm a tank of this size. But I thought that with the Honey Gourami, and the Guppies own cannabilistic tendencies, it might result in some natural population control, and I can limit the amount of fry that make it to adulthood.

Yay/nay?

Katie13

That sounds like a pretty decent plan! Is it a 20H or 20L?

headpatsrequired

That sounds like a pretty decent plan! Is it a 20H or 20L?
It's a high, but it's kinda long as high tanks go, if that makes sense.

Katie13

It's a high, but it's kinda long as high tanks go, if thats makes sense.
24” by 12” by 16”?

headpatsrequired

24” by 12” by 16”?

Something like that! I'll have to measure it myself soon because I think it's a little wider and a little less tall, it's a strange one, it's definetly not a long.

JustAFishServant

Sounds good so far, just keep an eye out. Though honey gouramis are known to be very peaceful I know some folks out there who've had aggressive ones. I've personally had aggressive guppies too (especially males) so just keep that in mind.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
nobettasinbowls
Replies
Views
Anders247
Replies
Views
Otocinclus13
Replies
Views