Feed a community tank?

swimmingslowly

I have a 29 gallon tank set up with 6 hillstream loaches, 9 tetras and 10 blue eyed rainbow fish. I’ve been using the repashy soilent green for my loaches and there’s usually some leftover but I’ve been leaving it in the tank because I know they like to graze. I’ve noticed that my tetras and rainbow fish will also graze on it throughout the day. Should I still feed them their own food even if they’ve been grazing? I don’t want to over feed.

Betta'sAnonymous

If you feed more than once a day i would maybe just feed once a day. If you already feed only once a day maybe put in a bit less flakes or whatever you feed the tetras. I probably would see if they are getting bloated first, though.

swimmingslowly

Betta'sAnonymous said:
If you feed more than once a day i would maybe just feed once a day. If you already feed only once a day maybe put in a bit less flakes or whatever you feed the tetras. I probably would see if they are getting bloated first, though.
I only feed once a day. Some of them do have a little extra pudge on them. I recently ordered the repashy community tank so I’m going to see how everyone likes that, do you recommend removing the leftovers at any point? I’m torn between not wanting my loaches to starve and not over feeding the others :)

Betta'sAnonymous

Sometimes it is tough when you have to use multiple types of food. If your really worried about overfeeding, you could try and put a day of fasting into their schedule every week, like with bettas. The fish won't starve.

swimmingslowly

I thought about that too. Thanks!

Top Bottom