Featherfin Catfish

izznet

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with featherfin catfish. I have 3 of them in my 55 gallon chiclids, they are about 3in. How big do they get? Do they get along with each other? I do plan on upgrading to a 125gal

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
125g will be fine for them I believe it's enough space for one i know but Im not sure for three of them and Im also not sure if they'll be aggressive to each other when older

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If they grow up together they will probably be OK for life, which can be a very long time for these long-lived fish.

I really like them but they do like to hide in a cave. You can train them to appear for food though.

I believe mine were Synodontis nigrita. They get really chunky so a six foot tank will be needed.

I kept them for a long time many years ago and regrettably sold them when I traveled. But I have an LFS who have tanks for returned fish like these and there is a demand for them and other bigger fish like Common Plecos.

izznet

Reaction score
they do seem to hide, they come out during feeding times , They are my favorite fish in the tank. Do you know how long it takes for them to be full grown?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom