Favourite Tank Brand? Preferably 30-40g

Jayda97

Reactions
Experience
2 years
HI everyone! I currently have a 24g tank that was basically an aqueon starter kit and ive upgraded some of it. In Nov or Dec after moving I wanna upgrade to bigger and better things. I'm not looking for a kit I'm thinking a nice preferably rimless tank with a clear lid and the light bar suspended over the tank if you know what I'm talking about. What would you recommend? Id also LOVE to see YOUR aquariums particularly if you have the type of tank you're going to recommend and especially if it’s between 30 and 40 gallons. Thanks so much!!

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
3 years
Jayda97 said:
HI everyone! I currently have a 24g tank that was basically an aqueon starter kit and ive upgraded some of it. In Nov or Dec after moving I wanna upgrade to bigger and better things. I'm not looking for a kit I'm thinking a nice preferably rimless tank with a clear lid and the light bar suspended over the tank if you know what I'm talking about. What would you recommend? Id also LOVE to see YOUR aquariums particularly if you have the type of tank you're going to recommend and especially if it’s between 30 and 40 gallons. Thanks so much!!
Check out the rimless tanks from Ultum Nature Systems (UNS), Landen, and Waterbox. I believe Dennerle also has some nice rimless designs. If you can afford it, ADA is the Rolls Royce of aquariums!

If you want some nice lighting I recommend Chihiros, Twinstar, ADA, Kessil, Aqua Worx, or ONF.

I have mostly rimless low-iron tanks but the are all under 10 gallons. Keep in mind the cost of these kinds of setups is much higher than "standard" aquariums.

Here's my UNS 45U (approx 9 gallons) with a Chihiros A451, and JardlI glass inlet and outflows as well as CO2.

finito.jpg

OP
Jayda97

Jayda97

Reactions
Experience
2 years
Fahn said:
Check out the rimless tanks from Ultum Nature Systems (UNS), Landen, and Waterbox. I believe Dennerle also has some nice rimless designs. If you can afford it, ADA is the Rolls Royce of aquariums!

If you want some nice lighting I recommend Chihiros, Twinstar, ADA, Kessil, Aqua Worx, or ONF.

I have mostly rimless low-iron tanks but the are all under 10 gallons. Keep in mind the cost of these kinds of setups is much higher than "standard" aquariums.

Here's my UNS 45U (approx 9 gallons) with a Chihiros A451, and JardlI glass inlet and outflows as well as CO2.

finito.jpg
thank you so much! I know itll be pricey haha I'm wanting to invest in a really nice tank with great lighting and filtration that i’ll never need to worry about replacing or upgrading. Id love to do 60 gallons but I don't have the budget to buy or scape something that big. It’ll be a gouramI centrepiece planted tank so 30-40 I think is plenty big enough. Your tank is absolutely gorgeous! Id love to do something like that for frogs one day and I can't wait to give my betta a live plant aquascape in his 5.5g

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
3 years
Jayda97 said:
thank you so much! I know itll be pricey haha I'm wanting to invest in a really nice tank with great lighting and filtration that i’ll never need to worry about replacing or upgrading. Id love to do 60 gallons but I don't have the budget to buy or scape something that big. It’ll be a gouramI centrepiece planted tank so 30-40 I think is plenty big enough. Your tank is absolutely gorgeous! Id love to do something like that for frogs one day and I can't wait to give my betta a live plant aquascape in his 5.5g
Even a 30 or 40 gallon is gonna cost a pretty penny. But, if you take the time investing in high quality materials and plenty of good substrate and hardscape, even if it takes several months you won't be sorry. I will not be going back to standard tanks.

Daygoboiz

Reactions
Experience
5 years
Fahn said:
Even a 30 or 40 gallon is gonna cost a pretty penny. But, if you take the time investing in high quality materials and plenty of good substrate and hardscape, even if it takes several months you won't be sorry. I will not be going back to standard tanks.
Yup, it's worth it

New Threads