Favourite Tank Brand? Preferably 30-40g

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Jayda97, May 15, 2019.

1. Jayda97

Jayda97Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +66
    Experience:
    2 years
    Hi everyone! I currently have a 24g tank that was basically an aqueon starter kit and ive upgraded some of it. In Nov or Dec after moving I wanna upgrade to bigger and better things. Im not looking for a kit im thinking a nice preferably rimless tank with a clear lid and the light bar suspended over the tank if you know what im talking about. What would you recommend? :) Id also LOVE to see YOUR aquariums particularly if you have the type of tank youre going to recommend and especially if it’s between 30 and 40 gallons. Thanks so much!!:)

2. Fahn

FahnFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,546
    Check out the rimless tanks from Ultum Nature Systems (UNS), Landen, and Waterbox. I believe Dennerle also has some nice rimless designs. If you can afford it, ADA is the Rolls Royce of aquariums!

If you want some nice lighting I recommend Chihiros, Twinstar, ADA, Kessil, Aqua Worx, or ONF.

I have mostly rimless low-iron tanks but the are all under 10 gallons. Keep in mind the cost of these kinds of setups is much higher than "standard" aquariums.

Here's my UNS 45U (approx 9 gallons) with a Chihiros A451, and Jardli glass inlet and outflows as well as CO2.

finito.

3. OP
    OP
    Jayda97

Jayda97Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +66
    Experience:
    2 years
    thank you so much! I know itll be pricey :( haha im wanting to invest in a really nice tank with great lighting and filtration that i’ll never need to worry about replacing or upgrading. Id love to do 60 gallons but i dont have the budget to buy or scape something that big. It’ll be a gourami centrepiece planted tank so 30-40 i think is plenty big enough. Your tank is absolutely gorgeous! Id love to do something like that for frogs one day and i cant wait to give my betta a live plant aquascape in his 5.5g

4. Fahn

FahnFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,546
    Even a 30 or 40 gallon is gonna cost a pretty penny. But, if you take the time investing in high quality materials and plenty of good substrate and hardscape, even if it takes several months you won't be sorry. I will not be going back to standard tanks. :)

5. Daygoboiz

DaygoboizNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +7
    Experience:
    5 years
    Yup, it's worth it