Favourite and least favourite fish/inverts - Page 2

Desi

Member
Favorite:bettas since I have 27 of them
Least favorite: guppies just because with so much inbreeding they're not very healthy any more and harder for me to keep alive.
 

Sanderguy777

Member
Another go if I may.

Least favorite tank theme I currently have: mixed cichlids. Not sure why, but they seem to be REALLY skittish for some reason. Whenever anyone walks by, they go heading for the hills.

Favorite tank theme I currently have: livebearer tank. I get that guppies are oversold to new hobbyists, but they are cool. I'm trying to get a strong strain (not really because they are just random assorted ones LOL) going that is heartier than the normal petco ones.
 

RedGallant

Member

Zeon

Member
Favourite Fish: Betta
They are beautiful and colourful.
I had mine for years and he was an absolute pleasure.
Least favourite: Swordtails and platys
Aggressive little fish.
 
  • Thread Starter

RiverFisher87

Member
Sanderguy777 said:
Another go if I may.

Least favorite tank theme I currently have: mixed cichlids. Not sure why, but they seem to be REALLY skittish for some reason. Whenever anyone walks by, they go heading for the hills.

Favorite tank theme I currently have: livebearer tank. I get that guppies are oversold to new hobbyists, but they are cool. I'm trying to get a strong strain (not really because they are just random assorted ones LOL) going that is heartier than the normal petco ones.
Agreed guppies are super oversold but there’s a good reason for it. No one goes to the store to buy a different ugly fish, they go to a easy care beautiful colourful fish, which is the guppy. I think big tanks of livebearers r amazing, lik a few swordtails, Molly’s, platys, guppy’s, then adding maybe a school of tetras then ofcourse a few center piece lik an angel or gouramI make amazing tanks!
 

Sanderguy777

Member
RiverFisher87 said:
Agreed guppies are super oversold but there’s a good reason for it. No one goes to the store to buy a different ugly fish, they go to a easy care beautiful colourful fish, which is the guppy. I think big tanks of livebearers r amazing, lik a few swordtails, Molly’s, platys, guppy’s, then adding maybe a school of tetras then ofcourse a few center piece lik an angel or gouramI make amazing tanks!
Not sure about the gourami, but I can say with certainty that your baby population will drop if you put an angelfish in, with platies anyways.
 

tristanf

Member
Fish I own (I only have a fully stocked 20 Gallon)
Favorite-gold dust lyretail molly-she always comes to the glass when you walk up and is always trying to get the other community fish to play with her

Least favorite-there really isn’t one, but if I had to pick I would say my Dwarf Gourami-he doesn’t do much and keeps to himself. It is funny though watching him be annoyed and try to get away from the molly
 

Leeman75

Member
I'll jump in....Favorite:
  • Rams of any kind for sure!! I've only had my pair of GBRs for a few weeks, but have quickly developed a passion for them and they are the darlings of my tanks. I would LOVE to add another pair, however, these two are so comfortable and happy (IMO) that I don't want to mess that up.
  • I also really, really like excitement and gentleness of Corys.
  • I'm not sure why all the disdain for Tetras. I'm not huge on the tiny ones, but I love my Neon Blacks and also want to get Blues when I can find them for a price that won't require me to take out a loan to get 8-10 of them.

My list of hate is longer:
  • Anything unnatural...glofish, balloon fish, etc. Sad thing is, my big tank has a pink glofish and it's like if you were looking at a beautiful scene with mountains and a clear lake with a McDonalds right smack dab in the middle of it. I inherited it when it got too big for my 4 and 7 year old girls tank.
  • I also really don't like common plecos. I have a 7" who I have nicknamed the destroyer. Plants beware!!
  • Oh, and another vote for goldfish. Goofy looking, over-hyped, poop machines if you ask me.
  • Finally...Tiger Barbs. They are just too nippy and aggressive for me. There are quite a few cichlids that I'd consider putting in a community tank before one of them!
 

babykitten

Member

erinw347

Member
Favorite:
Least favorite:
  • Dwarf gouramis (had a bad experience)
  • Bladder snails... don’t even get me started
Sorry, I couldn’t pick just one!
 

CaptainAquatics

Member

babykitten

Member
erinw347 said:
Favorite:
  • Kuhli loaches (precious little things!)
  • endlers and guppies are a lot of fun
  • mystery and nerite snails
  • killifish
Least favorite:
  • Dwarf gouramis (had a bad experience)
  • Bladder snails... don’t even get me started
Sorry, I couldn’t pick just one!
Omg I hate snails. I originally got only fake plants in one of my tanks JUST so I couldn't get a snail infestation lol
 

erinw347

Member
Bettafish1 said:
Omg I hate snails. I originally got only fake plants in one of my tanks JUST so I couldn't get a snail infestation lol
Ugh, me too. A lot of people will just say not to over feed but no matter how little I feed the get out of control because they don’t have natural predators! I have to feed my bottom feeders, so the snails always just get to that. I do however love my intentional snails lol.
 

MeganRenee

Member
Hope you guys don't mind me posing on here so much... this is my entertainment haha. What fish have been your favorite (and least favorite) that you have kept so far and why?

Edit: Oops... didn't realize this was already a thread!
 

tuggerlake26

Member
Going to cheat here and do one each for freshwater and saltwater.

Favorite: Angelfish for freshwater, especially marble ones. I've had them since growing up, and they are just full of personality and so easy to keep. I love having them as a part of my tank. Ironically, Flame Angelfish for saltwater. Their orange is just so bright, and even though they get into mischief I enjoy them.

Least favorite: Corys for freshwater. Sorry guys. I don't know what it is. I've never liked fish with barbs like them and they just freak me out a little. Dottybacks for saltwater. I don't know what it is about them, but there's just something I don't like. That being said, I have never owned one.
 

idkausernamesoyeah

Member
why everyone dislike mollies? lol. and my favorite is gonna be either german blues or black rams. they r tied. i dont have them but i plan on getting soon. after that it would be an apisto cacatoides. i also dont have this haha. least favorite is probably,,,, rummy nose tetras. they killed one of my bettas in the beginning so i have a grudge against them.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom