favorite typeof angelfish

Discussion in 'Polls' started by batattack, Apr 21, 2006.

1. batattackValued MemberMember

Hi  iam new and I just want to know what is your favorite type of angelfish ;D

2. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

zebra or altum angel

3. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

p.s welcome to Fishlore

4. batattackValued MemberMember

do you have angelfish?

5. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

nope not yet going to get some when i get a bigger tank 55g

6. batattackValued MemberMember

I have two angel fish. But I only have a ten gallon tank

7. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

i would recamend getting a bigger tank(at least 30g) to put angels in because they like tall tanks and get up to 6 inches and altums get even bigger

8. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

what other fish do you have with the angels?

9. batattackValued MemberMember

o really the guy at my fish store said that hey would be fine in the tank as long as i only keep up to ten fish in it.

10. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

sorry to tell you this but the people at the fish stores don't always know what they are talking about( thats how i got my common pleco(18'' in a 20 gallon is way over stocked))

11. batattackValued MemberMember

One cherry barb iam going to get another one  two zebra dinos , two phantom tetras and a cory of some sort

12. batattackValued MemberMember

Do, you think all my fish will survive in the tank

13. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

they might all servie if you can get the angelfish,tetras, and the danios to a bigger tank(30g prepably and get 4 more tetras and 4 more zebra danios) and add 5 cherry barbs and 2 more corys to the tank you have now when you get a bigger tank for the angels if you can aford it or you may have to take the angels, danios and tetras to the store :-[ sorry that some sales person took advantage of a new hobbiest :'(

14. batattackValued MemberMember

All man Ihad those angel fish for a year and I got attached to them I bought them for 85 cents :'(

15. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

but if you have the finances you could get a bigger tank

16. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Just so you know, barbs, danios, and tetras need to be kept in shoals of 6 or more, and Cories in groups of 3+.  So don't just get 1 or 2 of each...they will feel very scared and lonely. :(

17. batattackValued MemberMember

but I don't Iam only forteen I can't get a job yet and I bearly make mony arond the house.

18. batattackValued MemberMember

That sales said that they will be ok in groups of two so, I guss he was Just tying to sell me stuff

19. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I know how you feel...exact same situation...my Otos needed a bigger, planted tank, so having no money whatsoever I asked for it for my bday and got it.  Could you do that, ask for a bigger tank for your bday or Christmas?  I also volunteered to do chores around the house for money like I do in the summertime.  Oh yeah, and I have a job walking the neighbor's dog.  I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work. ;)

yeah not too surprising... :mad:

20. batattackValued MemberMember

Yea I do chores but not for money. My mom and say if i pitch in more they'll get me stuff. now I won't believe another sellsman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice