favorite typeof angelfish

Discussion in 'Polls' started by batattack, Apr 21, 2006.

1. batattackNew MemberMember

Hi  iam new and I just want to know what is your favorite type of angelfish ;D

2. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

zebra or altum angel

3. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

p.s welcome to Fishlore

4. batattackNew MemberMember

do you have angelfish?

5. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

nope not yet going to get some when i get a bigger tank 55g

6. batattackNew MemberMember

I have two angel fish. But I only have a ten gallon tank

7. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

i would recamend getting a bigger tank(at least 30g) to put angels in because they like tall tanks and get up to 6 inches and altums get even bigger

8. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

what other fish do you have with the angels?

9. batattackNew MemberMember

o really the guy at my fish store said that hey would be fine in the tank as long as i only keep up to ten fish in it.

10. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

sorry to tell you this but the people at the fish stores don't always know what they are talking about( thats how i got my common pleco(18'' in a 20 gallon is way over stocked))

11. batattackNew MemberMember

One cherry barb iam going to get another one  two zebra dinos , two phantom tetras and a cory of some sort

12. batattackNew MemberMember

Do, you think all my fish will survive in the tank

13. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

they might all servie if you can get the angelfish,tetras, and the danios to a bigger tank(30g prepably and get 4 more tetras and 4 more zebra danios) and add 5 cherry barbs and 2 more corys to the tank you have now when you get a bigger tank for the angels if you can aford it or you may have to take the angels, danios and tetras to the store :-[ sorry that some sales person took advantage of a new hobbiest :'(

14. batattackNew MemberMember

All man Ihad those angel fish for a year and I got attached to them I bought them for 85 cents :'(

15. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

but if you have the finances you could get a bigger tank

16. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Just so you know, barbs, danios, and tetras need to be kept in shoals of 6 or more, and Cories in groups of 3+.  So don't just get 1 or 2 of each...they will feel very scared and lonely. :(

17. batattackNew MemberMember

but I don't Iam only forteen I can't get a job yet and I bearly make mony arond the house.

18. batattackNew MemberMember

That sales said that they will be ok in groups of two so, I guss he was Just tying to sell me stuff

19. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I know how you feel...exact same situation...my Otos needed a bigger, planted tank, so having no money whatsoever I asked for it for my bday and got it.  Could you do that, ask for a bigger tank for your bday or Christmas?  I also volunteered to do chores around the house for money like I do in the summertime.  Oh yeah, and I have a job walking the neighbor's dog.  I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work. ;)

yeah not too surprising... :mad:

20. batattackNew MemberMember

Yea I do chores but not for money. My mom and say if i pitch in more they'll get me stuff. now I won't believe another sellsman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!