Favorite type of tank

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Whats your favorite types of tanks. Mine are a tank that has sunken ships and other sunken things in it with a few plants and rocks that look sorta ruined and sunken too and natural tanks with lots of green plants and caves and rocks. What are yours?

fish_r_friend

Well Known
Reaction score
atmmachine816 said:
Mine are a tank that has sunken ships and other sunken things in it with a few plants and rocks that look sorta ruined and sunken too and natural tanks with lots of green plants and caves and rocks. What are yours?
I like those and planted tanks with drift wood

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I really don't have one I'm still getting my bettas used to me and their tanks so whatever is there now is staying atleast for a while!!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My favorite tank setup is the one that is densely planted with some driftwood and/or rocks here and there, looking totally wild and natural. The one that feels like it's a part of some wild biotope, and not a purposeful setup by a man. Such tanks look like they're "windows" to nature in our own homes.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have to agree with Isabella. I go for the natural look.

kerryve

Reaction score
I love lots and lots of live plants, driftwood and rocks. I don't like plastic plants so even with my oscars ive managed to find plants that they don't like to dig up - app they don't like the taste or smell or whatever it is...

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My cave that I like the best is a bit of a mess and cluttered but has plants and driftwood and lots of caves and such. It is ready for my Zebra Pleco when it gets here and until it gets here the betta (Alexander and the Otos, Dopey and Dingbat) are making full use of them. The filst love it and so I put up with it and do not worry abot the looks and and clutter.

Rose

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yeah, I like natural look in a tank. i'm also looking for a sunken ship for a long time.

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I looked for a bunch of decor for my 10 gallon tank at one point that stuff is so freaking expensive for the nice stuff. I couldn't believe it. So I went with some rocks and plants although i'd like to do a midevil thing with dragons and wizards if they had some really good ones out.....

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like rectangle tanks, all my 3 tanks r rectangle with wallpapers

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tanks with lots of plants, wood, and rocks. And of course the fish who like these types of set ups
Carol

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
yep, the ones with lots of plants in and hiding places. makes it more fun when watching your fish as you have to find them first! also a few other natural things in there too like driftwood etc certainly can make a focal point and fish love it too!
tan

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I like tanks that look natural (plants and driftwoods with caves).

IheartmyOscars

Reaction score
I have a fabulous ruined castle with a cavern base in my 10 gallon. it was Bob's house (my pleco) until he outgrew it, and the tank. I called him the monster in the castle. I actually like to pretend that the castle is haunted, as i've had a few mysterious disappearances from that tank!

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yeah, I like castles too..........mysterious disappearences!!!! u mean some of your fish disappeared?

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
I thought my castle had claimed a fish yesterday. it turned up mostly eaten by its so called tank mates. just a few sad remains  :'( castles certainly can look quite spooky! mines just got covered in algae, looks really spooky now!! its main inhabitant is my shrimp. he dashes out at feed time, grabs his loot then dashes back in!!

New Threads