fish_r_friend

p.s welcome to Fishlore

batattack

fish_r_friend

nope not yet going to get some when I get a bigger tank 55g

batattack

I have two angel fish. But I only have a ten gallon tank

fish_r_friend

I would recamend getting a bigger tank(at least 30g) to put angels in because they like tall tanks and get up to 6 inches and altums get even bigger

fish_r_friend

what other fish do you have with the angels?

batattack

o really the guy at my fish store said that hey would be fine in the tank as long as I only keep up to ten fish in it.

fish_r_friend

sorry to tell you this but the people at the fish stores don't always know what they are talking about( that's how I got my common pleco(18'' in a 20 gallon is way over stocked))

batattack

One cherry barb iam going to get another one  two zebra dinos , two phantom tetras and a cory of some sort

batattack

Do, you think all my fish will survive in the tank

fish_r_friend

they might all servie if you can get the angelfish,tetras, and the danios to a bigger tank(30g prepably and get 4 more tetras and 4 more zebra danios) and add 5 cherry barbs and 2 more corys to the tank you have now when you get a bigger tank for the angels if you can aford it or you may have to take the angels, danios and tetras to the store :-[ sorry that some sales person took advantage of a new hobbiest :'(

batattack

All man Ihad those angelfish for a year and I got attached to them I bought them for 85 cents :'(

fish_r_friend

but if you have the finances you could get a bigger tank

0morrokh

Just so you know, barbs, danios, and tetras need to be kept in shoals of 6 or more, and Cories in groups of 3+.  So don't just get 1 or 2 of each...they will feel very scared and lonely.

batattack

but I don't Iam only forteen I can't get a job yet and I bearly make mony arond the house.

batattack

That sales said that they will be ok in groups of two so, I guss he was Just tying to sell me stuff

0morrokh

I know how you feel...exact same situation...my Otos needed a bigger, planted tank, so having no money whatsoever I asked for it for my bday and got it.  Could you do that, ask for a bigger tank for your bday or Christmas?  I also volunteered to do chores around the house for money like I do in the summertime.  Oh yeah, and I have a job walking the neighbor's dog.  I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work.

batattack said:
That sales said that they will be ok in groups of two so, I guss he was Just tying to sell me stuff
yeah not too surprising... >

batattack

Yea I do chores but not for money. My mom and say if I pitch in more they'll get me stuff. now I won't believe another sellsman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

batattack

Well I have to go now I talk to you later.P.S Check your message.

newbie101

lol, this isn't an angelfish topic anymore!
My favorite type of angelfish are all of the veil varieties. I can't decide between them. The black veils look so...elegant, the silvers are awesome too, and all the other veils are just very pretty!

batattack

theses are my two favorite angel fish

batattack

I don't know why It did not post my other one

fish_r_friend

very nice angels

batattack

Thanks I also have a ghosts angel but the pic didn't come out so good

Isabella

Beautiful angel photos Batattack. I also have to agree with the others that your angles will need at least 30 gallons. I understand if you cannot afford it right now. However, if you could save up some money, or perhaps your parents could help you out a little bit, I don't think it would be that very expensive to get a 30 gallon tank. And this way, you could have for example 6 zebra danios - they do best when kept in groups/shoals. Or you could have 6 of some other shoaling fish. And most importantly, in a 30 gallon tank, you'd have enough space for 2 angels and at least 6 smaller fish.

All fish may survive in your 10 gallon tank - but if you want them to be well, you'll have to do frequent water changes. Angels will feel restricted in a small tank. They need much more space to be happy. So I'd encourage you - if you could afford - to get a larger tank. It will be better for all of your fish.

To answer your question, I love all types of angels. They're all beautiful to me. I also have a pair of angels: one is blue blushing and the other is a gold veiltail (which I think is also a pearly variety).

Butterfly

KoI and black lace angels are my favorite. Angels really do need tanks taller than the ten gallon. they can be stunted and damage their fins in such a small tank. Sorry
Oh and...

batattack

thanks for al; the info I am tring to save up for a new or used 30gal....

Jimold

I have 10, all different varieties... I'm not sure who I'd pick...
I'd have to say Sparkle, he's a blushing angel, with a gold stripe down one side.

Tom

Marble all the way.
Tom

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom