Favorite TV Show

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm into shows like 'Lost' (just wish for once Jack, Sawyer, John Locke, Saeed and the other survivors would get one over the 'Others'!).. 'Jericho'.. 'C.S.I '(the original all the way and maybe 'New York'.. 'Miami' doesn't do it for me because Caruso tries too hard to be Mr. Cool).. 'Cold Case'(they always seem to pick the right song at the end to make a person all misty-eyed).. 'Without a Trace'..'Scrubs'(the funniest sitcom I've seen since 'Seinfeld').. and the best new series I've seen in a looooooong time, Showtime's 'Dexter' (the Serial Killer you most want to succeed, since he takes care of the scum the justice system can't seem to deal with).. and I'll 'fess to being a 'Jeopardy' junkie because I could probably win a bundle on that show!

FishFyer

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with yo Scrubs is one of the funniest shows ever its one of my fav's...i also think The Office is hilarious. I also like the CSIs (love he theme music to) I like the Simpson to very funny and i also watch Lost. A new good show thats on is Heroes its surprisingly good.

Jordan

OzzieJay

Reaction score
My favourite is Scrubs without a doubt. I also like Lost, Prison Break, The Office (I like the UK version better), Curb Your Enthusiasim & 24.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I hardly watch TV though I sometimes watch channel 9 when they say something about animals. I think it is called National Geographic Species.

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
My TV is beside my fish tank and I always find myself watching my fish and not consentrating on the tube

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I don't watch a lot of TV, but if I do, I like these shows/programs/channels:

Mad TV
Da Ali G Show (the funniest English "bloke" ever, lol ... a.k.a. Borat)
America's Funniest Videos
Planet's Funniest Animals
Family Feud
Plus ... any programs/documentaries on Science Channel, Animal Planet, National Geographic, and Court TV.

I also like going to movie theaters, and - from time to time - renting a movie or ordering a movie on PPV. I've recently ordered "V for Vendetta" (haven't gone to a movie theater to see it). Anyone saw this movie? I think it's exceptionally good. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen recently.

OzzieJay

Reaction score
Yep, great movie. I especially liked the verse he says at the begining where all the words start with V.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes Ozzie ... I think all quotes from "V for Vendetta" are great and very deep ... all make you think and reflect on the current state of socio-political affairs in the world, especially in America under the Bush administration. The particular verse (lol) you're talking about is very poetic and beautiful ... isn't it? I actually have it saved (I like to record quotes from books and movies that I think are very good).

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

This is some real masterpiece here! And by a great mastermind too

P.S. I also like these quotes: "Remember, remember, the Fifth of November / The Gunpowder Treason and Plot / I know of no reason / Why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot." And this one: "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Actually guys 'V For Vendetta' the movie is based on a limited comic book series written in the 80's when Thatcher was P.M. of the U.K. by a couple of Brits who never finished the story.. an American comic company (not Marvel or D.C... maybe Epic or Darkhorse or one of the more underground companies) stumbled across it, got in touch with those guys and commissioned them to finish the story.. the movie script was being worked on since the mid to late 80's, and based on your reaction to seeing it, was well worth the wait.. there are soooooo many great underground comic series out there just waiting to be made into movies.. you have to admit flicks like 'Sin City' and 'The Crow' series go beyond the Superman and Spiderman mold.. thankfully the major Hollywood studios are becoming more and more aware of them.. and yes, I am a serious comic-hound when I'm not into my Ludlum, Clancy and whoever else.. lol.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes Richard, I have read that "V for Vendetta" is based on a British (I think) comic. However, the movie was not an exact copy of the comic - it was actually changed quite a bit and altered to suit today's modern world and its audiences. It has many elements from other books and even political ideologies. If you go to Wikipedia.org, and type in the movie title, you can get a great deal of information on the movie there. It's extremely interesting what elements the movie has combined - read the Wikipedia info and you'll see what I mean

OzzieJay

Reaction score
That's it, that was the quote. I like the other ones too.
You're right too, it does draw some similarities between with the situation with the US & Bush admin.

I agree with you Richard, there are some great comics out there that could be made into fantastic movies. Same with some of the books I've read. You mentioned Clancy & Ludlum who are a couple of my favorites as is McNab & Cussler. If you're a Clancy fan than you've red Rainbox Six - wouldn't that make an AWESOME movie !

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You're right Ozzie, 'Rainbow Six' would be great on the big screen.. maybe Ben Affleck playing Jack Ryan in the last Clancy movie put a hold for a while on anymore being done( one of the worst cases of miscasting I've ever seen, much like Tom Cruise as Lestat).. you mentioned Cussler, also one of my favorite authors.. I enjoyed the movie versions of 'Raise The Titanic' and 'Sahara', but the one I'd really like to see go to the movies is 'Valhala Rising' about NUMA investigating the Viking presence in the Americas.. Vikings have always been of great interest to me and seeing a movie that starts with them trying to settle a wild undiscovered land full of hostile Indians might do as well as Creighton's 'Thirteenth Warrior' ( a movie I wouldn't have minded seeing with the thirteenth warrior being played by Jet Li as a Samurai.. imagine the possibilities!!).. I haven't read much McNab, but we share such similar tastes in books that I'll certainly add a few to my library.. cheers.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Let's see: CSI (original); Without a Trace; Criminal Minds; Numbers; Poirot; Midsomer Murders; Close to Home; Two and a Half Men; Squawk Box (CNBC); any of the Ma and Pa Kettle movies or Francis the Talking Mule (I have them on DVD).

My television is going 24 hours a day either in the den or the bedroom so there is either a show or a movie on all the time and I have a lot of things I wath so it is hard to come up with favorites. BUT those are the ones that are the every time I get the chance to watch I do.

Rose

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have to go with. Smallville, Las Vegas, all of the CSIs Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Criminal minds, Numbers, Bones, House.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I see everyone here likes to watch these serial movies ... Does anyone like any programs/shows like Funniest Videos, Mad TV, or Da Ali G?

FishFyer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ya i do watch Mad TV and AFV once in awile... i think Mad TV can be hilarious at times and i think the SKits with Stewie are one of the funniest ;D i love the clpis on AFV with cats wen they freak out it is sooo funny lol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
YUP! I like Mad TV with "Miss Swan" (the funny Chinese lady) and with "Stewart", especially his "Look what I can do!" (ever saw that?) ... LOL ;D As for AFV ... I love all of their videos, and animals on Animal Planet's "Funniest Animals" I've always liked shows/programs that make me laugh.

ryannn

Reaction score
The Simpsons rules.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Isabella, you nailed one of my favorite 'MadTV' sketches, Stewart and his Mom.. he reminds me of the kid brother of a friend named Scott Welton I grew up with in Montserrat and Stewart's Mom looks and talks like a teacher I once had.. another of my favorite sketches is the spanish version 'Star Trek' with a fat Capt. Kirk .. I gotta say 'Mad TV' started off pretty lame and then got the craziest bunch of writers onboard, they're now funnier and push the envelope more than 'SNL', at least the current 'SNL' lineup.

Manicivy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm a big Mad TV fan, miss swan and Stuart & the doctor with the fuzzy pink pen (i forget her name) are classics!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom