Favorite Species of Freshwater Dwarf Shrimp?

Favorite Shrimp Species

• Amano shrimp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red cherry shrimp

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Blue pearl shrimp

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Yellow shrimp

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Snowball shrimp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bamboo shrimp

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Tiger shrimp

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other (please say)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love yellows and greens. I love the look of blue pearl but can't have them because I have yellows and they'll crossbreed. Hmm, is that how they make green shrimp? (j/k)

-Lisa

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I love yellows and greens. I love the look of blue pearl but can't have them because I have yellows and they'll crossbreed. Hmm, is that how they make green shrimp? (j/k)

-Lisa

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
caridina serratirostris (sp)
aka
Ninja shrimp
These little shrimp can change color on the fly. I will eventually find someone who's imported them to the US and try to start a breeding colony.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I found the orange eye blue tiger shrimp last night. They look awesome! Too bad they got for around $20 each on Aquabid...

-Lisa

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Anyways, since I'm about to start breeding shrimp, I just wanted to know the most popular species of shrimp. Right now, I'm at a close match between RCS and BPS (blue pearl shrimp). Personally, I like BPS, but they seem less popular. RCS just seem way to common and typical. I may try tiger shrimp.

jclee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
... well, there are the "favorites" that I can actually justify spending money on, and the "favorites" that I can only dream of owning some day...

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
oh no. i just found out i have a rcs with a bps (blueberry as it was sold to me) same scientific name. they've been together for only a few days....geez. i guess i'll have to separate them huh.

but i love the bps. very pretty. but the rcs is very pretty as well. too bad i can't keep them together, then i'd buy a snowball shrimp and it'd be like the 4th of july all the time! lol

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
All of a sudden, I discover how hard it is to breed tiger shrimp with a tap water of 7.6 pH. Well. We'll see the stats in a few weeks. Maybe I should go for RCs after all...

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yes, I saw photos of it, but as I already said, BCS (and tiger shrimp) are softwater and too hard to breed. Anyone think I should still go for blue pearl shrimp? Or just RCS cause they're so popular (but common and can't bring a good price)?

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with Jeta...cocktail shrimp are the best....they do turn red and are delicious with with a good spicey sauce.....LOL
I'm so sorry I couldn't help that post!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom