Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Favorite Small Community Fish For 55 Gallon Tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by shrimpforever777, Feb 11, 2019.

1. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

This is the third time I have had to tweak my stocking list for my 55g community tank, I still need 2 types of fish so I am curious, what is everyone's favorite small community fish? By the way the tank is always between 75-76 degrees.

2. BuddyDWell Known MemberMember

3. DrakonValued MemberMember

4. imbaWell Known MemberMember

Celestial Pearl Danios
    White Cloud Mountain Minnows
    Espei Rasboras

5. scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Honey Gouramies. I miss having them.

6. SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

7. BuddyDWell Known MemberMember

I have 6 Cherry Barbs. The 2 females are the long fin type.

8. username19528New MemberMember

if you are looking for schooling fish neon teras are my favorite, they are easy, friendly and all around a great community tank fish

9. irowValued MemberMember

you've already got some tetras, check out hatchetfish, they're pretty unique looking.

10. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

I think endlers are pretty cute

11. Otocinclus13Valued MemberMember

Silvertip tetras. They're super active and do a lot of chasing and "sparring" within their groups, bit mostly just posturing without any actual damage. It's unique and entertaining behavior to watch! They can be jerks if you only keep a few or if you crowd them into a small tank, but in a large group (10+) with space they should leave everyone else in the tank alone. They max out at 2", so not tiny but not huge. Males get bright orange/copper, females more lemoney/silver.

12. NatureFineNew MemberMember

If your still looking and open to suggestions, I suggest a dwarf gourami, Apistogramma, mollies, or badis badis.

Oh, just realized this post is quite oldish, heh heh

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2019
  13. shrimpforever777Valued MemberMember

No worries! I'm actually still looking I have been really lazy with stocking lol!

14. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

I really like black neon tetras there very low maintenance