Favorite reptiles out there!!!

1. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Hi guys! I wanted to start a thread about our favorite reptiles. Whether you have your favorite already, have a favorite that you want really badly, or just simply want to share your reptile pics. Post on here!! I want to see your guy's scaly friends!! And lets see if some people have some exotic ones and we can all learn alittle more!! Don't be afraid! Post your pics and tell us alittle bit about them :)

2. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

I don't currently have any reptiles.. I do have an amphibian that has been with me for more than 12 years. He is a Black Rubber Eel or Caecilian worm. Amazing creatures but ever so hard to get.

For favorite reptiles, I had a ball python that was amazing, I got a crested gecko for my son and we kept a few anoles in a terrarium. I also love bearded dragons, blue tongue skinks and chameleons.

3. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

My favorite is my Russian tortoise Timmy.

4. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Awesome!!
    Those eels are crazy looking. They seem so exotic and hard to find like you said. I've never seen them before until I heard you had one. And blue tongues are amazing. But I love all reptiles. :p

Do u have any pictures of your tortoise?? How big is he?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

I don't have any but would love a bearded dragon. Especially with a unique coloring/pattern. Also wanted to try a california desert phase king snake, but the wife would divorce me if I bring a snake in the house...it's going to take me years just to convince her to get an eel.

I don't think I'd ever get one, but I am fascinated with tegus and green tree pythons. I will also own a turtle pond when I get a house and a yard!

6. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Yea bearded dragons are great. And now they have so many different colors to choose from. Kind snakes are probably one of the easiest snakes to take care of, they are happy with anything, I love them. I also can't have any snakes around because my boyfriend would kill me haha but good thing I'm more of a lizard person ;)

Tegus!! Omg love them. I would love to have one eventually. They seem like great pets.

7. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

I see them as mini-kamoto dragons. They can be scary.

8. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Haha yeaa but sweat ones :)

9. HappyKnitter Member Member

I love these guys .. i visit my pet store to see them even if I dont have to buy anything..lol
    cham.jpg

10. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Here's my baby, Raven. Best little gecko ever! He's definitely Mommy's little baby <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, he eats well :rolleyes:

11. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Haha great looking chameleon! I wish I have a local reptile store around here to just look at stuff lol. Everything is far away.

I think I've seen Raven before!! He is very handsome and a beautiful color. :p do u have 2 others?

12. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Ok update, I changed her water this morning, and first I tried to pet her and she didn't let me. She hissed a lot and whipped me twice with her tail haha I guess shes not a morning lizard :p she still smelt my hand tho again so seemed alittle interested.
    Well she moved out of her water, and I was able to take it out and change it (because she made a mess of it, and they like to poo in their water) and she just stared at me while I was refilling it flicking her tongue, but as soon as I pit my hand out she turned the other way. Lol she was totally pouting, and upset she couldn't be in her water. Lol

I just think the key is going to be hand feed her treats.
    We will see this weekend.

13. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, I have two other leopard geckos (Rowan and Amelia), and a Mali Uromastyx (Rex). And dogs. And fish. And a cat.

...And a mom... LOL

14. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

That's right haha I remember you now :) and your pets haha

15. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I pretty much have a zoo :rolleyes:

16. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

IMG_4159.jpg Here is the infamous Timmy!
    I saw this guy on the curb today. He is a Red Headed Agama Lizard from Africa.
    . IMG_4139.jpg

17. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Hahaha me too. :D

18. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Timmy is cute!!!
    And omg that's awesome that you can see those wild like that lol beautiful colors. Ive always loved those. Florida has everything don't they lol

19. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks! The lizard is an established invasive species though.

20. JeffK Well Known Member Member

I've always loved turtles. My ornate box turtle "Gus" has been with me since June of '94 - over 20 years now! (Have to see if I have any pics).