Favorite Products

Michelle2468135

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What are some of your favorite fish keeping products? What item can you not live without in the hobby? I'm generally interested and might look into getting some of your favorite products in order to upgrade my tanks and/or improve in the hobby.

Best Answer - View Gel0city's answer

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Probably my favorite fish item I've ever owned was a LONG gravel vac. I could shoot the water directly outside so it was easy for water changes. The only issue was refilling. You could hook it up to your faucet but not the kind I had at the time.

I am about to build a fish room and I plan to get another one of these

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A long gravel vacuum that has a pump at the end so you don't have to suck the end of the pipe out. Also, Prime, haha. Can't live without that.

AmnScott

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gravel vacuum's for sure.

In terms of filtration, I usually stick with AquaClear's. Best HOB filters I've ever used.

Edit: Put "OTB" not "HOB" for some mysterious reason. A little rusty on the lingo I suppose.

Koenig44

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Another +1 to Aqua Clear HOB filters, and Python siphon system.

Another item that I have a love-hate with because it takes forever...lol - is my acclimation dripper. Love it, as you can easily adjust the drips per second.

What I hate: that there's no 'high end' thermometers out there. Not a fan of the suction cup ones, nor the stick on ones. Just seems like there should be one out there, where you can put it in your tank, and it doesn't look like an eye sore.

Fisheye

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Koenig44 said:
What I hate: that there's no 'high end' thermometers out there. Not a fan of the suction cup ones, nor the stick on ones. Just seems like there should be one out there, where you can put it in your tank, and it doesn't look like an eye sore.
I have one of these digital ones. The probe is totally unnoticeable and the readout is easy to read, unlike the suction cup ones.

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This is a basic product, but I love gravel vacs. I had my tank without one for roughly 2 months, I bought one since it was 5 dollars. When I first used it, that thing was like magic lol. I couldn't believe i had skipped out on them :rolleyes:

AmnScott

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
flyinGourami said:
This is a basic product, but I love gravel vacs. I had my tank without one for roughly 2 months, I bought one since it was 5 dollars. When I first used it, that thing was like magic lol. I couldn't believe i had skipped out on them :rolleyes:
First time I used a gravel vac I had no idea how dirty substrate could get. Works like magic.

GuppyDazzle

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Koenig44 said:
I recently bought a temperature gun. Not too expensive. I can check the temp on 20 tanks in less than a minute. It doesn't seem as accurate as the floating thermometers, but I do keep a couple of those in tanks. I just subtract 2 degrees from the temp gun and that matches what the floating thermometer reads.

New Threads