Favorite Plants For A 30 Gallon?

FriarThomasIII

See above. I have a 30 gallon tank that I freaking hate so much, it just looks terrible. I'm completely scrapping the decor. I currently keep it at 73 degrees, and have a paradise fish, 6 corydoras and 6 danios.

Fahn

Anacharis thrives in cooler water and will fill in the background quickly. I keep mine in a tank at 74 degrees with corydoras, white cloud minnows, and other species that prefer cool water.

Midground something like some Ludwigia repens or Crypt wendtiI would look good, as they grow to a medium size and the Ludwigia can be trimmed to keep it bushy and compact.

Foreground something like dwarf sag would look nice.

All are easy to grow given adequate lighting and weekly ferts. Things like crypts and dwarf sag will also appreciate some root tabs.

Another easy option would be some anubias or java fern attached to stone or driftwood.

FriarThomasIII

I actually have a lot of those plants, except the fern and repens. Could I see your tank for inspiration?

Fahn

FriarThomasIII said:
I actually have a lot of those plants, except the fern and repens. Could I see your tank for inspiration?
29 gallon cool water tank

FriarThomasIII

That's absolutely gorgeous man! I love it. I almost want to copy it piece by piece! Beautiful!

FriarThomasIII

Speaking of which, is that valsenaria? What is that grassy plant? I love it!

Fahn

FriarThomasIII said:
Speaking of which, is that valsenaria? What is that grassy plant? I love it!
There's vals, and the grassy stuff is dwarf sag under low light (grows taller).

On the left is a bunch of crypt spiralis, right is hygrophila corymbosa and ludwigua, center is anacharis, center-right is the dwarf sag with Val behind it.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom