Favorite piano pieces?

Do you play piano?

• Total voters

Cowardlyslimeball

I love piano and have been studying it for 8 years now, here are some of my favorite pieces. I generally prefer the more peaceful slow ones but show me other ones too, i need some more to play and listen to!

Pachelbel's cannon in D minor

Moonlight sonata (all movements)

Clair de lune, Debussy

Pathetique sonata

Sarabande in D minor

Song for brother, it's from a tv show I like, crash landing on you which is a Korean romance haha

Let me know your favorites!

Betta'sAnonymous

Pachebel's canon is always a favorite to listen to. I also love the piano in Ave Maria...usually just as much as whoever sings it. Though i prefer Josh Groban's or Aaron Neville's versions to most.

Cowardlyslimeball

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Pachebel's canon is always a favorite to listen to. I also love the piano in Ave Maria...usually just as much as whoever sings it. Though i prefer Josh Groban's or Aaron Neville's versions to most.
One time I heard one of our really amazing canters sing ave maria with the organ. It was so beautiful!

Betta'sAnonymous

Cowardlyslimeball said:
One time I heard one of our really amazing canters sing ave maria with the organ. It was so beautiful!
Honestly, it always makes me cry a little bit it's so beautiful.

Jojo205

I don’t play but my mom has since she was little (she tried to teach me but i was terrible at it lol) but i’ve always really liked golliwog’s cakewalk

StarGirl

Im kinda partial to Clair De Lune.

Cowardlyslimeball

StarGirl said:
Im kinda partial to Clair De Lune.
It's so beautiful!! Hopefully I can learn it soon. I don't want to wreck it by not being good enough. I got a new piano teacher, he's super good so maybe I can get him to help!

StarGirl

Cannon in D is def a easy 2nd.

Cowardlyslimeball

StarGirl said:
Cannon in D is def a easy 2nd.
I agree. I learned it last year, the notes only took a week or so, but it's the dynamics that make it so pretty! I was going to perform it but my state shut down the day of the performance.
Jojo205 said:
I don’t play but my mom has since she was little (she tried to teach me but i was terrible at it lol) but i’ve always really liked golliwog’s cakewalk
I just listened too it, it's very unique, I like it!

Kymopoleia

All these are good but so overplayed:mad:
Try 12 Bagatelles by Heino Eller (an Estonian composer, they are very simple and beautiful) Little Red Riding Hood by Rachmaninof, and Chopin's Nocturnes and Etudes (not just the famous ones).

Nessaf

Showing my age, but have always been a fan of Mannheim Steamroller’s piano pieces. This’ll get you started on their music.

Frisbee

Me! My primary instrument is cello, but I play piano as well. My sister is the real pianist though.

I love classical music, but I can’t read notes because I’m self-taught. However, I do know some theory, so my sis and I will pick a few chords we like, then both just make it up as we go and play together. My sis did have piano lessons and theory lessons for a couple years, so she can sorta-ish read notes, but I can’t read them at all.

And to all those people who ask the cellist to play Cannon in D, shame on you! It’s 8 notes repeated like 250 times. So shame on you! I’m growing to hate that song.

On a better note, In regards to favorite piano piece, y’all should listen to this one. There is a nice cello in the background too.

These are some more good ones as well.

Kymopoleia

Frisbee thanks for saying that I didn't want to sound rude but its kind of annoying after a while

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom