Favorite movies

Dom90

What is everyone's favorite movies? Here are mine:

The whole Fast and Furious series
Gone in 60 Seconds
Need for Speed
(Basically and car and car racing movie)
Hunger Games
A lot more I can't think of right now

BornThisWayBettas

I have so many that it's crazy! Here are just a few......

Anger Management
50 First Dates
Click
Divergent
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Insurgent
Austin Powers (all of them)

And so many more! I'll think of more later haha!

waterlilykari

Musicals (I wish I could afford to go to NY to see actual Broadway productions but until I win the lottery, I can be content with the occasional reproduction movie to sing along with)

Almost anything TI'm Burton was involved in (I haven't seen them all but of the ones I have see, I enjoyed)

Almost anything Robin Williams was involved in (same as above, I have so many I have not watched but for whatever reason whatever that man was involved in became absolute gold)

Beyond those favorites, I usually stick mainly to TV shows on iTunes or Netflix: Eureka, Big Bang Theory and Warehouse 13 being frequent flyers for watching reruns on my laptop while I do dishes or fold laundry. I am not a big TV watcher but when I do choose to watch something, it's usually among these 4 categories.

Anders247

Star Wars.

Geoff

Anders247 said:
Star Wars.
Really? I never would've guessed that!

:-D

Tiny goatfish

My favorites are:
The three amegios
The ICE AGE series
And that's about it I don't watch movies that often.

JMcRae

The Wraith

Any of the old B&W SciFi

Anything Harryhausen did

waterlilykari

Anders247 said:
Star Wars.
I do have to join in on the Star Wars movies as favorites. The Hobbit/LOTR series is in there too. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is another, and if my cousins' kids were here they would be practically beating me over the head for not including Percy Jackson in the list (not exactly an absolute top of the list all time favorite of mine but I suppose honorable mention should be made since it's one of the few that both the kids and adults all seem to enjoy together without having to skip certain scenes like we do in other movies whenever the smallest ones are in the room watching)

Blitzshadow

Jurassic world. Currently my favorite followed closely by Real Steel.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Dom90

I just saw that last week, it was good! But I can't imagine Chris Pratt as a theme park worker after seeing him in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Blitzshadow

LoL I understand but could you imagine him as an action hero after seeing him in parks and recreation?

Dom90

Lol I can, actually. There's supposedly a Guardians of the Galaxy 2 coming out sometime in 2017 I think.

AquaticBrandon

The Lion King and Nemo!

BornThisWayBettas

AquaticBrandon said:
The Lion King and Nemo!
Those movies are awesome. Timeless classics, they'll never go out of style!

Dom90

AquaticBrandon said:
The Lion King and Nemo!
You know, that's what got me started in all this fishy business in the first place, after seeing Finding Nemo. I wanted a clownfish so bad! So I was so devastated when I found out Nemo is for Saltwater tanks and there are no similar looking fish for FW... I don't want to be bothered with the extra work of Saltwater and I couldnt be able to properly care for the fish.

AquaticBrandon

Dom90 said:
You know, that's what got me started in all this fishy business in the first place, after seeing Finding Nemo. I wanted a clownfish so bad! So I was so devastated when I found out Nemo is for Saltwater tanks and there are no similar looking fish for FW... I don't want to be bothered with the extra work of Saltwater and I couldnt be able to properly care for the fish.
Hehe, I can't wait for Finding Dory
Actually Saltwater tanks are petty easy to take care of. Just need more maintenance and... It's expensive lol

Dom90

Lol that's what I mean, more maintenance, why I said "couldnt proper take care of", the laziness comes in every now and then.

Anders247

Nemo is actually a false clownfish, not a true one.... I think that's what they're called, lol.

AquaticBrandon

Yeah he's a False Percula Clownfish

Dom90

Anders247 said:
Star Wars.
Found another Star Wars fan on forums, kidster9700 lol.

waterlilykari

Dom90 said:
Found another Star Wars fan on forums, kidster9700 lol.
Who, me? Lol

oOBlueOo

My faves are anything marvel. Except for avengers 2. I mean seriously? Cut the dirty jokes, Stark...

BornThisWayBettas

Lol. Cuz' you like Loki......? *Nudge nudge*

oOBlueOo

Yeah. LokI wasn't in avengers 2.

*grumble...*

BornThisWayBettas

oOBlueOo said:
Yeah. LokI wasn't in avengers 2.

*grumble...*
I know right? That sucked. I was disappointed. :/ LokI makes the movies good!

chromedome52

I saw Star Wars on the first day of its release. There were like 7-8 people in the theatre. Three days later, there was a line around the building because word of mouth traveled so fast. Waiting for the new generation movies.

I saw Jurassic Park at least 8-9 times in the theatre. We had one that had $1 midnight movies on Sunday, and every couple of weeks it seemed like they were playing JP again. The sequels had more dinosaurs, but the stories weren't great. I had high hopes for JW, but was slightly disappointed.

My great-niece and I went to every Harry Potter movie together. She was little when we started, and had graduated high school by the time they ended. I actually did like them. I hear that there is another one in the works.

If you want to see a great classic, though, watch John Wayne in The Quiet Man. Unfortunately I can't find it in the original B&W, but even the colorized version is good to watch. He was best known for westerns, but this story set in Ireland is one of his best.

The original King Kong uncut was amazing to watch. Saw it a dozen times in the "edited for TV" version before I saw the original uncut. Quite a difference.

I also like a lot of old Westerns. And some of the newer ones. The Mel Gibson version of Maverick was as funny as the TV show, but a little bit ridiculous. Good twist at the end, though.

Aquarist

"What Ever Happened to Baby Jane"...staring Betty Davis and Joan Crawford. A 1962 film in black and white.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=What_Ever_Happened_to_Baby_Jane%3F_%281962_film%29&_%28film%29=

Gena

My current obsession is the romantic comedy "Trainwreck" that was released last week. I saw it the day it came out and I'm going to see it again. It's in bad taste but hilarious and a refreshing change from the standard romantic comedy. It's not really romantic, it's more comedy. It's rated R so I'm not sure if I should get into detail or post a link to the trailer..

Gamer

Star Wars 3, 4, 5 & 6
Scarface
any of the top Superhero movies DK Triology, Avengers, Thor, GoTG, X-Men
Rocky 1-4
Clerks 1 & 2 (was excited for a Clerks 3, but guess we're getting Mallrats 2 instead)
Boondock Saints
Django Unchained
Sin City
Lion King 1 & 2
Godfather
AlienS

BDpups

Anything Kevin Smith is in, directs, writes.....

Anything Will Ferrell is in

Star Wars

Wedding Crashers

Law Abiding Citizen

Taken

Horrible Bosses

Almost Famous

Bull Durham

Tin Cup

Rounders

Good Will Hunting

How to Train Your Dragon

I could go on and on and on.....

nathanlubensky

the big lebowski!

john carpernters the thing

sin city

training day

guardians of the galaxy

star wars franchise, terminator 1 and 2

little monsters

predator

batman (keaton)
batman begins, batman the dark knight
galaxy quest

too many others

nathanlubensky

Aquarist said:
"What Ever Happened to Baby Jane"...staring Betty Davis and Joan Crawford. A 1962 film in black and white.
regarding joan crawford.... NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!

biller

I love "Dr mabosa" it was made in 1920 something.
I think I spelt that right. Lol. I also love marvel and star wars saga and any thing with John Wayne.

Sent from my P900/Q900 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

SushiLovesYou

Spider-Man Trilogy, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, DivergentSeries,Captain America

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Aquaphobia

2001: A Space Odyssey (pure art!)

The Fifth Element (in spite of the romance)

Star Wars (the originals)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Gee, I just realized that all my most favourite movies are set in space...

Dovah

The Thing
Saving Private Ryan
The Fifth Element
Black Beauty (DON'T JUDGE)
Kung Fu Hustle
Nightmare Before Christmas
Beetlejuice
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Castle

And a whole bunch more...

Jaxsco

All Star Wars
All Star Trek
The Longest Yard
Kung Foo Hustle
Labyrinth (RIP)
Pretty much every Superhero Movie
The Martian

Diospectre

and many more.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom