Favorite Emergent Plants?

bcsay720
Hi, everyone. I'm at it again. My plants have grown into my 29g, meaning I want more... again. I'm thinking about plants that grow mostly out of the water and over top the aquarium, but have their roots dangling in the tank. What are your favorite plants that do this? Thanks!

JLAquatics
bcsay720 said:
Hi, everyone. I'm at it again. My plants have grown into my 29g, meaning I want more... again. I'm thinking about plants that grow mostly out of the water and over top the aquarium, but have their roots dangling in the tank. What are your favorite plants that do this? Thanks!
Pothos seems to be the most popular plant that does this. It's very easy to care for and the roots can create an underwater jungle for your finned friends. Pothos is also great at sucking nitrates up, making your water healthier overall for your stock. If you go for this, keep the leaves out of water and put part of the Rhizome in the water, roots should start appearing on them soon if not already there. I have also seen people use Calla Lillies and Arrowhead vines for the same purpose.

Kelvin12
Photos also grows very well underwater although a bit slower but the look of the bigger leaves is a great feature. I have several growning underwater but they seem to be happier stuck to a rock or log. They do grow in substrate but not was well.

Mindelo
i've had success with pothos and arrow head
now i'm trying with peace lily, and i will soon be getting papyrus
sweet potato works too

Fahn
Pretty much any Hydrocotyle variety.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom