Favorite Dog Breed - Page 3

guppygranny

Reaction score
Boxers! We live with a girl boxer named Candy, a sweet companion and so well mannered around my grandkids. An angel on 4 paws.
Close seconds: shi-tzu, rottweiler, scottie, lab, greyhound, irish setter.

softballchica951

Reaction score
I love all animals with dogs German shepherds, scottish terriors, NewFoundlands, St. Bernards Any big dogs are good especially ones with big brown eyes to fall in love with!

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
I like all dogs larger than a collie. anything smaller and they seem to yap and nip!! the bigger the better! we used to have dogs, but can't have any fury animals in the house since my son went into anaphylactic shock with a guinea pig . so just fish now!! both my parents have farms. i've always lived with animals around, so its quite strange not having any!! get to fuss over my friends and parents animals though! my mums got leonbergers. they are fab dogs!! retrievers I like, danes I like, boxers, all biggish ones really!!!!
tan

Icicle

Reaction score
I have a Lhasa Apso and he doesn't yap or nip.
He is my little man, he doesn't bark or make a sound and is extremely personable.
He goes with me everywhere I go and even hangs out with me at the office when the place is closed.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a beagle and he has a weird bark. He is also a tattle tale.

We have 5 dogs. A beagle, a German Shepard/collie mix, a German Shepard/shiba mix, a yellow lab and a rott

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
my dad has a terrier which is tiny. she yaps but hasnt nipped anyone yet and is good with the kids. she yaps and runs in circles round your feet and you fall over her! def prefer big dogs!! I also like greyhounds! they always look like they need fattening up though!!!

Gamer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Boxers. Pugs and Boston Terriers are a close second.

Tracy10

Reaction score
My faves are Staffies,golden retrievers & jack russells.

We have got a staffy,Brandy who was from a rescue home....she had been badly beaten,& was in an awful state when we got her. She has had 2 operations so far to correct the damage done to her.But her spine,they can do nothing about.

How can anyone be so cruel...she is so lovable, an absolute angel. We love her to bits....And now she is spoilt rotten,just as she should be.

Tracy michelle

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
we had a rescue dog. she had been starved. she was found tied up in the kitchen watching the owners cooking and eating and she was starved. they had 3 dogs. 2 were starved and 1 was treated like royalty. why have animals if you won't look after them. and its often not even neglect, its plain pre-meditated abuse. it baffles me and the sentances over here are far too slack. they should be in prison and never allowed near a dog ever again. anyway rant over! our dog was so loving and gentle and adored my son who was 18months old when we got her. she never batted an eyelid when climbed on and dragged round the garden for a walk by him. 100% trustworthy which I have never seen in a dog before. she wasn't nervy at all like you'd expect from a rescue dog. we've had a lot of rescue dogs and they were all nervy and would cower if you got a mop out as they associated it with a beating rather than just cleaning! its so sad when they are scarred for life mentally and sometimes physically. they were friendly but couldnt trust them alone with kids as they would snap if felt threatened (get too close too fast, or raise your hand to stroke their head etc). I love dogs! if I had the time i'd have more! maybe some day! tan

PrayforMojo

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have to say the rottweiler. I have a three year old female. very protective but also gentle and playful. perfect dog if you can train and maintain behavior standards.

Joy44

Reaction score
I have two labs (1 choc, 1 black) a buff cockerspaniel and a little mutt who is chihuahua/dauchshund mix. I love them all as individuals but I would have to say the lab is my favorite breed. They are so smart and playful. My cocker spaniel isn't that bright, poor guy. Honestly though my littlest mixed girl is super smart and sweet but she is a breed all her own.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
ooooo, tough one. I loooove basset hounds. And really ugly, short-legged mongrels that look like lots of different dogs just got put together by some madman.

Mollygurl

Reaction score
I like toy poodles,boxers,shelties,and australian shepherds.
I have pix of some dogs:
Lolli, my toy poodle
Mojo, my brother's boxer
skye, australian shephard
xena,the fat ballerina,rottie

New Threads