Favorite Dog Breed

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I already wrote one post about a favorite cat breed in the "Cats" section, so now I want to know what your favorite dog breed is (or are). Mine are absolutely Siberian Huskies, Golden Retrievers, and German Shepherds!

RudeeRu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Pitbulls are my number one favorite! They are the outcasts of the doggie world, and also the most mis-understood!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When our children were small we raised Labrador Retrievers and they are the most patient and sweet tempered dog in this world. I don't have room for a large dog right now so i don't have one but would love to have another.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
RudeeRu, I agree with you. Pitbulls are indeed very misunderstood. My friend has one and the dog is incredible gentle and affectionate.

Carol, it's the same with me now. I don't have the space (and the time) for the dog that I want. A siberian husky or a german shepherd, or even a golden retriever - are all very large dogs that need a lot of space to run free and a lot of movement. Although we do have a house that isn't small and we do have a backyard ... it's still not exactly good for a dog like this in NYC. It's a city, not some country side. Dogs like this need a place to live away from the city and they cannot be kept closed at home all day long - no matter how large the house. This is the reason I won't buy a dog for as long as I live in the city. If I lived away from the city, I'd definitely get a dog! Anyway, I don't want to live in NYC all my life, so once I move out, I am getting a dog Just a matter of time, because I cannot imagine not having a dog at some point. I have to!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We don't live in a big city but the dog would have to be inside when we were not at home. Thats just not the life for a Lab.
My husband wants a small dog because we could keep it in the house with no problem, then he hesitates to get one. A friend has some mixed breed long -haired chichuchua/Min Poodle puppies he wants to give away so I may surprise him in a couple of weeks. The Mom was a rescue and all ready pregnant when he got her.
Carol

jim55379

Valued Member
Reaction score
I like the German Shepherds because of their loyalty and reliablity. We had a few when I was a kid and I really enjoyed them.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes, german shepherds are very loyal to their owners and they're extremely intelligent.

RoboDude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sorry, guys, I haven't been on forever!!! I love all dogs, but my list of absolute favorites are: Pug, Dachshund, Labrador Retriever, Pekingese, Beagle, Bassett Hound, Miniature Australian Shepherd, Shetland Sheepdog, and I LOVE Pembroke Welsh Corgis. If I had to pick 3 of my favorite out of them, it would be Pug, Dachshund, and Pembroke Welsh Corgi. ;D

jim55379

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah I love all animals but don't know much about the pit bulls. they are a little more agressive like my Tiger barbs but I will have to admit those dobberman's get my respect. They are so sleek and visually a little intiimidating. This may sound funny but my experience with dogs are the little ones are the ones to watch out for. The poodles and toy dogs. The one's that you cant see their eyes because they are so shaggy. I was bit a few times as a kid but only by these smaller dogs. I learned that when I rode my bike it would excite some dogs to attack my feet because they were moving on the pedals. That's usually where they bit me. I learned that if a dog would chase me I would stop and get off the bike and just stand quietly and they would leave or their owner would come get them. No need to do anything mean to them. I think it's some kind of instinct. I have noticed also that 2 cats won't usually attack if one walks away slowly. However if one runs this makes the other one turn aggressive and give chase as to say "this is my territorry leave at once"

dano569

Valued Member
Reaction score
dachshund,pit bull,golden retriever,rottweiler,doberman,husky,german shepard,all labs,terriers.mastiffs and great danes are cool dogs also.i don't know if i would want one quite that big though.

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
My favourite has to be my German Shorthaired Pointer, shaddow, he has a wonderful temperament and loves people!

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Pit Bull (AmStaff), Doberman, German Shepherd, Collie. In that order. Pits are definately misunderstood and wrongly judged, as any reported dog bite is usually blamed on a "pit bull type dog"...... I'm sorry, but look up the dog bite sites. Mainly small dogs or "great family dog" types seem to bite more.

S.
(a betta is a dog in a glass house)

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
i really really like jack russell terriers..there so active and funny..i dont have one though,my uncle used to have some years ago..now he has a boxer that he treats like a human..i think the dog thinks its a human too lol ..i used to have a dog like lassie (collie) when i was a kid he was a cool dog too,not quite as smart as lassie though..he was a big dumbie .

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL

Your boxer looks so cute on your member picture Boxermom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom