Favorite CHEAP kitchen gadget/utensil??

Motherlovebetta

For all my cooks/bakers out there…..I’ve been home with a new baby the last few months and doing a lot of cooking and baking. I’ve also been going through my cabinets for stuff to donate to Salvation Army. Got me wondering what is everyone’s fav/can’t live without kitchen gadgets? Cheap ones though! Maybe looking for ideas to give/get for Xmas!

I will go first!
Behold my less than $3 ground meat breaker upper! I think I use this 4 times a week!

Also, probably my #1 because it was my grandmas and has nostalgic value, like I’m running into the kitchen for it if the house is on fire. Manual hand mixer! So I can pre-burn calories while baking. I can make a Meringue with this thing in no time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 41

86 ssinit

Nice but isn’t that first item a lawn dart?

Motherlovebetta

Nice but isn’t that first item a lawn dart?
Certainly not one of the cool metal ones! I have those in the garage…..also came from grandmas.

CopperIsEpiK

I thought you meant the best kitchen tool for AQUARIUMS! XD
Mine a bit basic, but measuring cups. I use them for everything, powdered drinks, hot cocoa, fishtank, etc.! 1 cup and below are my favourites

StarGirl

My super old Foley stainless steel measuring cup. I like how I can see the lines inside the cup! It's my favorite.

20220930_175221.jpg

20220930_175236.jpg

20220930_175159.jpg

Motherlovebetta

My super old Foley stainless steel measuring cup. I like how I can see the lines inside the cup! It's my favorite.
Ahhhh yea we had these growing up! Like the lines……can never have too many measuring cups hmmm may order some haha

veggieshark

Cast iron pan. Can make anything in it.

dcutl002

KitchenAid can opener (hand operated)

StarGirl

Do those work really good? The one I have now is dookie.

veggieshark

I thought you meant the best kitchen tool for AQUARIUMS! XD

That's what I thought at first. That would be an interesting topic as well. I fact, everything we repurpose for aquarium use is interesting to see.

Coradee

That's what I thought at first. That would be an interesting topic as well. I fact, everything we repurpose for aquarium use is interesting to see.
We have a thread like that here :)
Aquarium "Life Hacks" | General Discussion Forum | 287529

Some of my favourite kitchen items that I use almost every day & I’d be lost without, especially the butter knife, it’s probably older than I am & I’m old :D

Attachments

• 74F2AD16-314D-4DC4-9220-D3A35F1DC4AA.jpeg
    74F2AD16-314D-4DC4-9220-D3A35F1DC4AA.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4
  • B1131B82-D2F6-4746-AA8C-65486D8CA0F1.jpeg
    B1131B82-D2F6-4746-AA8C-65486D8CA0F1.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 4
  • 23F9416C-92C3-41E3-9E11-CA3E892CEAFA.jpeg
    23F9416C-92C3-41E3-9E11-CA3E892CEAFA.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 4

KeeperOFnano

They always break, so I use it as a can puncher...go around hand driving 1/4 inch openings lol

I'd say a pairing knife is by far my most used and favorite utensil. Its one of those Hells Kitchen ones you buy in a 3 piece kit with the mini cutting board.

Blacksheep1

My kids. Definitely my kids.. I use them all the time to help with jobs in the kitchen. Need a potato peeling, kids. Washing up needs putting away , kids . Eyes need rolling , 100% kids.… so versatile !

StarGirl

They always break, so I use it as a can puncher...go around hand driving 1/4 inch openings lol

I will take my dookie can opener over all of those sharp edges......lol

KeeperOFnano

My kids. Definitely my kids.. I use them all the time to help with jobs in the kitchen. Need a potato peeling, kids. Washing up needs putting away , kids . Eyes need rolling , 100% kids.… so versatile !
Bahahahah why didn't I think of that!

Motherlovebetta

My two don’t work……Salvation Army won’t take them as a donation.

Blacksheep1

My two don’t work……Salvation Army won’t take them as a donation.
Yeah I do have a faulty one that also doesn’t work ;)

jackywacky

mine is a rubber scraper. so easy to use... And amazingly cheap

BigManAquatics

For all my cooks/bakers out there…..I’ve been home with a new baby the last few months and doing a lot of cooking and baking. I’ve also been going through my cabinets for stuff to donate to Salvation Army. Got me wondering what is everyone’s fav/can’t live without kitchen gadgets? Cheap ones though! Maybe looking for ideas to give/get for Xmas!

I will go first!
Behold my less than $3 ground meat breaker upper! I think I use this 4 times a week!

Also, probably my #1 because it was my grandmas and gas nostalgic value, like I’m running into the kitchen for it if the house is on fire. Manual hand mixer! So I can pre-burn calories while baking. I can make a Meringue with this thing in no time!
I haven't seen a hand mixer like that in ages! Instantly took me back to countless dinners at my grandma's house...

MacZ

Everything else is irrelevant in the kitchen, as long as you have a good knife. It can be cheap or expensive, nobody cares as long as it feels good in the hand and is sharpened regularly.

kallililly1973

My favorite cheap utensil is my rubber basting brush to slather all the marinated goodness all over the ribs n chicken.. 10000000x better than the bristle paintbrushes. Pick one up at your local buck n a quarter store ( formerly dollar store) you’ll won’t be disappointed . I smell a big rack of ribs on today’s menu:):)

allaboutamelia

I will go first!

Also, probably my #1 because it was my grandmas and has nostalgic value, like I’m running into the kitchen for it if the house is on fire. Manual hand mixer! So I can pre-burn calories while baking. I can make a Meringue with this thing in no time!
I like my hand immersion blender. It's a convenient substitute for a blender. I make a lot of soups with it.

Did You Know...

If you would like to learn more about your fellow members we have an "interview" section where you can request to be interviewed!
Member Interviews Forum

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom