Favorite Book?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChristyFishMom, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ChristyFishMomValued MemberMember

Do you have a favorite fishkeeping book? I just got The Simple Guide to Freshwater Aquariums, plus grabbed some books from the library.

2. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

I have actually never read a single book on fishkeeping. All of my information I have collected from Youtube videos and Fishlore. More of it came from Fishlore though.

I mean, of course competing forums that I shall not name also often have pretty useful information, but Fishlore is definitely my go-to forum for any questions I have.

3. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I have read many aquarium books, and wrote reviews on them, which can be found in the book review part of the forum.
    My favorite would have to be the Manual of Fish Health.

The problem is that most books I have found to be inaccurate...... that's why I prefer forums, this one in particular.

4. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

Well, realistically even forums can be pretty inaccurate from time to time. As an industry we are always learning new things and slowly doing away with old traditions. The thing I like about using forums for information is they are always filled with fresh information. The information is always up-to-date so we aren't relying on outdated information, a major issue with using books.

5. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yes, true, I worded that wrong.... not how I meant to put it, lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice