Favorite Betta

youngstermatt

Ok, first off, I know that there is another thread similar to this about our favorite fish, I've posted on it, but we all love bettas, and almost all of us have them or have had them at some time, so why not create a thread devoted only to our favorite little labrynth fish (gouramies can be included, I should have specified that in the title, labrynth fish). So feel free to tell all about your betta/gourami and post a pic (or video if you feel so inclined) so we can all admire the beauty of our fish, and become very jelous, especially those with MTS like myself. I'll start her off, the first pic is of Philip, my newest betta. He was mismarked as a delta tail, but he's really a halfmoon and loves to explore his little 3gal bowfront which I rearange when he gets bored. He doesn't mind people working in his tank as long as they don't stay for too long, then he tries to scare your thumb off. The second is of my old dwarf gourami, he was probably one of my favorite fish of all time, great color, even better personality. His favorite thing to do was to school with my corries and fight off anybody that got to close to them, a great body guard, once introduced to the tank, the corries never got a nip until he unfortunatly died of dropsey a few months back :'( Since then, I got a powder blue DG, and although not the same personality and not as freindly as my old one, I still love my DGs

Attachments

• DSCF2365.JPG
    DSCF2365.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 195
  • rsz_dscf1964.jpg
    rsz_dscf1964.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF2916.JPG
    DSCF2916.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 145

bettawaters

I don't have a camera, but your fish are BEAUtiful!
Love the betta!

andrearamirezo91

That would definitely have to be my super delta tailed Betta, MartinI <3

(his fins are not supposed to be like that, he's still healing from store abuse )

Attachments

• eyes =).jpg
    eyes =).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 138

bassbonediva

This is my favorite boy, Brisingr. He's a red dragon halfmoon plakat.

My other favorite is my blue marble dragon halfmoon plakat, Captain Jack Sparrow, but I don't have a very good picture of him.

maxima423

easy for me, its Pontus, I fell for him when I saw him in a shelf and four people contemplating if they wanted him or not, I ended up just taking him because I could not refuse his amazing color

and bassbone, I am soooooooooooo jealous, that is prob one of the most beautiful betta I have ever seen

Alessa

Well, I don't know if this is fair, since I just posted a new thread with pictures from my new boy...;D

I took my doggy to the vet a few days ago... and then I saw him. He looked like the night sky, velvet black with sparks of blue and white... Never seen a guy like him so I could not resist and got him.

His name is Orion!

Attachments

• Orion 002.jpg
    Orion 002.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 95

bassbonediva

and bassbone, I am soooooooooooo jealous, that is prob one of the most beautiful betta I have ever seen

Awww...thanks! He's a character, that's for sure. He loves his panda cory tank mates and is constantly glaring at me (his tank is next to my bed). That's not even a really good pic of him, although it does show his personality/attitude rather well.

This isn't a great pic either, but it shows his form a little better:

Well, I don't know if this is fair, since I just posted a new thread with pictures from my new boy...;D

I took my doggy to the vet a few days ago... and then I saw him. He looked like the night sky, velvet black with sparks of blue and white... Never seen a guy like him so I could not resist and got him.

His name is Orion!

He's beautiful, Alessa!

RogueAgent94

His name is Orion!

Wow! That is one of the most stunning Crowntails I have ever seen! Great find ;D

Alessa

@bassbonediva and RougeAgent. Thanks! I could not pass him by without taking him home... ;D

@bassbonediva... OMG Brisingr is such a sweetheart! Absolutely beautiful guy!

@Maxima- I love Pontus' color and name!

Akari_32

Most of you have probly seen this picture before, but I love it, so here it is again ;D

This is my HM Gambit.

Attachments

• IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 76

konstargirl

Alessa: Aww!! very pretty!

youngstermatt: sorry to hear about your dwarf gourami. He was pretty!

maxima423: OH I love that yellow color on his tail! =D

Akari: He's pretty!

Well MiyavI is the only betta I have so he's my favorite betta. I'm sure some of you have seen this before. I think Misa is scare of him orr maybe because MiyavI looks mean to her.. She doesn't pay attention to him as much as the platies do. I wonder why..

ScottyGunz

I am a sucker for the HMPKs with a metallic mask. I actually just found one at the LFS!

RogueAgent94

I like Mustard Gas HM's.

ScottyGunz

Those are gorgeous. I saw one at the LFS. They just switched to a breeder located in Singapore. All of the new bettas seem healthier, younger, and prettier.

bassbonediva

I love HMPKs. Particularly red dragons, like my Brisingr was. Or blue marbles, like Jack was.

lugia10159

I like all Bettas with huge fins I owned a Classic Veil Tail Betta and there really pretty too. Preferably I like Dragon and Half Moon Bettas

mtsguy21

Giants, or kings whatever you want to call them!

RogueAgent94

Giants, or kings whatever you want to call them!

Very true! King bettas are awesome. I bred one that actually had veil fins so he was a huge betta with really big fins. I've never seen any other Kings that don't have the Plakat style of fins.

Cognity7

I like the spokey tails... crown tail I believe?

what does HMPK stand for? Half Moon....pickled kitten? psh, lol- I don't know what the PK stands for obviously

RogueAgent94

I like the spokey tails... crown tail I believe?

what does HMPK stand for? Half Moon....pickled kitten? psh, lol- I don't know what the PK stands for obviously

;D Crown Tails are the ones with the spiky tails.

Hahahaha. Half-Moon-Plakat is the meaning of HMPK

ScottyGunz

You may know what a Plakat looks like, but in case you don't...

**This isn't my betta.**

Cognity7

haha thanks Rogue. I knew my guess couldn't possibly be right- So you perked my interest in these bettas and I found the following site:

The butterfly ones are gorgeous!!!

Ah, so the plakat have the tiny fins.
I love the coloring on that picture.. wow

Martinismommy

MultI color halfmoons are my favorite.....

RogueAgent94

You may know what a Plakat looks like, but in case you don't...

**This isn't my betta.**

You want to add credit to the website you got the picture from if it's not your picture.

A very pretty betta

lugia10159

haha thanks Rogue. I knew my guess couldn't possibly be right- So you perked my interest in these bettas and I found the following site:

The butterfly ones are gorgeous!!!

Those are Butterfly Bettas? Wow I think Snowflake MIGHT be part Butterfly AND Dragon AND Crown tail!

RogueAgent94

Those are Butterfly Bettas? Wow I think Snowflake MIGHT be part Butterfly AND Dragon AND Crown tail!

;D It's very possible. I use to breed bettas not long ago and I got some crazy combinations.

Sharkdude

Black Orchid CT and Forest Green Delta.

lugia10159

;D It's very possible. I use to breed bettas not long ago and I got some crazy combinations.

And I got him sooooo cheap! When I bought him he was like a dirty white and kinda blueish. Now he has a Crown Tail instead of a Veil Tail and the edges of his fins are see through! is it possible that he evolved or something? Or he got all his colors because of good care? ???

RogueAgent94

And I got him sooooo cheap! When I bought him he was like a dirty white and kinda blueish. Now he has a Crown Tail instead of a Veil Tail and the edges of his fins are see through! is it possible that he evolved or something? Or he got all his colors because of good care? ???

It could be that he was just really young when you bought him and your good care along with maturing brought along his colors.

ScottyGunz

@RogueAgent94 the picture is compliments of google s.

psalm18.2

I have no idea what kind of betta I have. I have read that the splendins are the most hostile.

ScottyGunz

The Betta Handbook can help identify what type of betta you have. I haven't really considered adding any other kind of betta than betta splendins to my aquarium.

Jayfeather9

Mustard gas CT are my favourite!

0morrokh

Mustard gas CT are my favourite!

I used to have a mg crowntail! He was purdy.

I personally have a soft spot for dragon hmpk's. I like normal hm's that are interesting colors like yellow or marble. I'm a big fan of butterflies too...the red ones are just stunning.

Scott23

I'm pretty new to the betta world, but I really like the color of this one. I'm not sure what breed it is, so hopefully someone will be able to tell me. I really want my new betta to house one of these, but any will do just fine.

RogueAgent94

I'm pretty new to the betta world, but I really like the color of this one. I'm not sure what breed it is, so hopefully someone will be able to tell me. I really want my new betta to house one of these, but any will do just fine.

That looks like a female veiltail betta. You always want to add what website you got the picture from. Credit for this picture is from www.apetinc.com

Here are two bettas that I really liked. I bred both of these guys ;D.

Scott23

That looks like a female veiltail betta. You always want to add what website you got the picture from. Credit for this picture is from www.apetinc.com

Thanks! Oops, my apologies :-[

RogueAgent94

Thanks! Oops, my apologies :-[

No worries ;D. I didn't know that till a few weeks ago either.

Deeps

I love MG BF HMs..

Cognity7

I love MG BF HMs..

Really?

Don't make me start guessing on what all these initals stand for...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nourhanateout22
Replies
Views
jmaldo
Replies
Views
SlyKallie
Replies
Views