Favorite Animal Other Than Fish

Sabi

Well Known Member
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
6
Points
208
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
what about the people who keep giant hissing cockroaches for pets?! !
Eh, what's that??!! hissing cockroaches! Iknow about lizards snakes spiders monkeys even bulls (I had one!) but not cockroaches! Ack, what a thought!
 

Sabi

Well Known Member
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
6
Points
208
Experience
More than 10 years
vin said:
I have not. But thanks for the tip...I loved Spinal Tap....I got to talking to a state trooper about Bloodhounds and he's the one responsible for my affection toward the breed. They are smart, affectionate, protective and as you know - very dilligent workers. Plus they just look cool and you can give them cool names....
I've always thought bloodhounds are sort of quiet dogs because they look so droopy. Dont they howl a lot?
 

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,552
Reaction score
40
Points
358
Muffymouse said:
armadillo said:
Muffy mouse: gerbil, really? Am finding it difficult to get a rapport with the thing. You must have the touch. When I had them, they kind of ignored me. Guinea pigs: don't you love it when they whistle when they're happy, and go brrrrrr when you've annoyed them?
As far as rapport with gerbils goes, I got them as soon as they could be taken care of on their own and I took care of the father for 3 months before I got them. (I was a short term thing set up by my parents to make sure I really could take care of them with minimal help from them) I loved watching them run around and around in their wheel, they were a great first pet. As far as guinea pigs, I don't have one yet but I want one really badly and so does my husband, but right now gotta wait. grrr. =)
Went to this great rescue zoo this week-end, and they had this giant, heated, guinea pig house outside. The house had lots of galleries and gardens. Had a perimeter of about 3 meters, so actually doable. They looked so happy.
 

vin

Well Known Member
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
110
Points
223
SabI said:
vin said:
I have not. But thanks for the tip...I loved Spinal Tap....I got to talking to a state trooper about Bloodhounds and he's the one responsible for my affection toward the breed. They are smart, affectionate, protective and as you know - very dilligent workers. Plus they just look cool and you can give them cool names....
I've always thought bloodhounds are sort of quiet dogs because they look so droopy. Dont they howl a lot?
When they get excited...They aren't as bad as beagles....The only beagles I know bark and bay non stop and it's really annoying.
 

vin

Well Known Member
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
110
Points
223
Oh they're huge....at least 4" long and 1.5" across.....
 

Joy44

Valued Member
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Of course I love my dogs and cats.

There is a game that asks the person to pick his/her favorite animal and then list five things about it that makes it that person's favorite. It is said that the five reasons you pick that animal are actually also the five things you like about your significant other. Just thought it was interesting. My favorite is a camel.
 

tan.b

Well Known Member
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
6
Points
198
Joy44 said:
Of course I love my dogs and cats.

There is a game that asks the person to pick his/her favorite animal and then list five things about it that makes it that person's favorite.  It is said that the five reasons you pick that animal are actually also the five things you like about your significant other.  Just thought it was interesting.  My favorite is a camel.
so what's your 5 reasons for liking a camel.....
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,144
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
tan.b said:
Joy44 said:
Of course I love my dogs and cats.

There is a game that asks the person to pick his/her favorite animal and then list five things about it that makes it that person's favorite. It is said that the five reasons you pick that animal are actually also the five things you like about your significant other. Just thought it was interesting. My favorite is a camel.
so what's your 5 reasons for liking a camel.....
is one of them "Because they spit"?
 

Muffymouse

Valued Member
Messages
320
Reaction score
1
Points
188
Experience
4 years
so what's your 5 reasons for liking a camel.....
is one of them "Because they spit"?
EWWW! lol
 

tan.b

Well Known Member
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
6
Points
198
camelids spit smells gross too!!
 

Joy44

Valued Member
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Sorry I haven't posted in so long. my five reasons for liking the camel are 1. They can survive for a long time without water 2. They have those big wide feet to walk on sand. 3+4. They have very cute faces but if they don't like you they spit! and 5. of course because of their unique humps. So I figure I must want someone who can take care of themselves and hold their own with characteristics of being adorable and unique.. Any other ideas? I guess my husband fits that description.
 

Jimold

Well Known Member
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
7
Points
206
what about Llama's? they spit too. Anyone ever watch "Dirty Jobs"? The episode where Mike Rowe was shaving Alpaca Llamas (I think I spelled that wrong) was hilarious!
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,144
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
Joy44 said:
Sorry I haven't posted in so long. my five reasons for liking the camel are 1. They can survive for a long time without water 2. They have those big wide feet to walk on sand. 3+4. They have very cute faces but if they don't like you they spit! and 5. of course because of their unique humps. So I figure I must want someone who can take care of themselves and hold their own with characteristics of being adorable and unique.. Any other ideas? I guess my husband fits that description.
so he spits at people he doesn't like? ! yeah.. llamas spit and have really bad tempers! ;D
 

tan.b

Well Known Member
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
6
Points
198
and just to add, although camels and llama's are spitters, alpacas will spit too, but only very rarely. they are much tamer and can be halter trained and will give cuddles!! my mum breeds them, and she's only had one that would spit and that was only when worming/injections/shearing etc. if you didnt upset her she'd be fine! I avoided that one as much as possible as the spit smells vile!!!!
 

BrianCB

Valued Member
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Owls, I love owls my youtube name is owlmein I just combined my favorite animal and favorite take out dish shrimp lo mein.

I liked owls ever since I was a little child, they always interested me actually I like all birds.
 

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,802
Reaction score
20
Points
283
Cats as you can tell in my signature. ;D
 

Wilhelm Joshua Tan

Valued Member
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Points
176
batattack said:
mine is a shark and they are not fish
Sharks are fish.
 

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
0
Points
196
Horses and dogs!!

Miley♥
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom