Favorite Animal Other Than Fish

seasalt101

Reaction score
cats ...my gf likes squirrels

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I adore cats!  My boyfriend hates them though and is also allergic, so...no cats for us.   :'(   I have a cat back at my dad's that we found as a stray when I was a kid.  We've had her for about 17 years.  She's my baby.    Dad also has two other cats.

I also love dogs, especially labs. We have a chocolate lab and a yellow lab.

AngelSta

Reaction score
Horses (which I have 3 of) and dogs (which I have 2 of)

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dogs with boxers being my absolute favorite and boston terriers, pugs & english bulldogs following.

I'm also fond of cats, mainly persians and tabbies. And I think my cats favorite animal other than themselves is fish, they spend lots of time outside of my tank with their eyes open wide.

FishFyer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Penguins all the way

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
And a month and a half later: dogs!

Sabi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine's a dog!!
I've an Alaskan Malamute x German shepard. His names Tiger (because he looks like a tiger )
I also love horses, birds...

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Our would be dogs.. Stacy's favorite is Boxers (fawn & uncropped).

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Although we have ferrets and a cat along with finned friends, if I had my way I'd have a pair of Bloodhounds!! Very cool, very family friendly dogs.

Muffymouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
cat has the be the winner followed by guinea pigs and gerbils. But most certainly not anything crawly like spiders and the like, I am happy to kill them when they get in my house and on my person, but if they leave me alone, I will leave them alone.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Way to revive an old thread! Batattack, where's my $100?

Muffy mouse: gerbil, really? Am finding it difficult to get a rapport with the thing. You must have the touch. When I had them, they kind of ignored me. Guinea pigs: don't you love it when they whistle when they're happy, and go brrrrrr when you've annoyed them?

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
vin said:
Although we have ferrets and a cat along with finned friends, if I had my way I'd have a pair of Bloodhounds!! Very cool, very family friendly dogs.
Aaaaw, bloodhounds. What beautiful dogs. Bit slobbery though hey!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
armadillo said:
Muffy mouse: gerbil, really? Am finding it difficult to get a rapport with the thing. You must have the touch. When I had them, they kind of ignored me. Guinea pigs: don't you love it when they whistle when they're happy, and go brrrrrr when you've annoyed them?
Growing up, Stacy had a guinea pig that would whistle every time someone opened the fridge - she was hoping for a lettuce treat.

Sabi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Muffymouse said:
But most certainly not anything crawly like spiders and the like...
Yip! spiders i'm absolutely afraid off!!
I wonder how some people keep tarantulas as pets!!? Agh! ???

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
what about the people who keep giant hissing cockroaches for pets?! !

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
armadillo said:
vin said:
Aaaaw, bloodhounds. What beautiful dogs. Bit slobbery though hey!
Not too bad actually....Not like St. Bernards.....Very smart dogs too.....

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
They sound cool. Have you seen Best in show? It's a mockumentary by David Guest (same guy who did Spinal Tap). It's fabulous, really really really funny. You should definitely rent it. It's got a few parts about a bloodhound.

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have not. But thanks for the tip...I loved Spinal Tap....I got to talking to a state trooper about Bloodhounds and he's the one responsible for my affection toward the breed. They are smart, affectionate, protective and as you know - very dilligent workers. Plus they just look cool and you can give them cool names....

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
They do look soooo cool. So do basset hounds. I love basset hounds.

Muffymouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
armadillo said:
As far as rapport with gerbils goes, I got them as soon as they could be taken care of on their own and I took care of the father for 3 months before I got them. (I was a short term thing set up by my parents to make sure I really could take care of them with minimal help from them) I loved watching them run around and around in their wheel, they were a great first pet. As far as guinea pigs, I don't have one yet but I want one really badly and so does my husband, but right now gotta wait. grrr. =)

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads