Favorite Angelfish Variation?

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’ll be adding more Angelfish pairs soon, so I was wondering, what are your favorite P. Scalare color/pattern variation(s)?

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I know nothing about angels, but i love the ones with red eyes and thick uniformal stripes. The best i seen were a dark khaki green and dull silver. I wish i bought them, cant even find them on google.

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’ve got 5 Angels at the moment. One is a marble of some sort, 2 are a hopeful orange marble pair, and the other two are Koi I just got today. The new pair is already cleaning off areas in the tank! I’m thinking some Blues next, but I’ll be getting more than one new pair.

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Philippine blues by chance? I always love these guys with widefins so you can see the patterning better on the fins.

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

MattS99

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Probably the Philippine's blue or (I'm sure this isn't the real name) the blue marble ones!

How obvious is it that I don't keep angels? Lol

Nataku

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Phillipine blue zebras are my husband's favorite, which is why I am currently setting up a tank for them.

Myself, eh I'm just partial to long flowy fins so the veils, super veils and widefins are pretty to me. I wish angel fish came in red. And I don't mean orange I mean red. Oh and when are we getting glow fish angels? That's a glow fish I might actually buy.

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Phillipine blue zebras are my husband's favorite, which is why I am currently setting up a tank for them.

Myself, eh I'm just partial to long flowy fins so the veils, super veils and widefins are pretty to me. I wish angel fish came in red. And I don't mean orange I mean red. Oh and when are we getting glow fish angels? That's a glow fish I might actually buy.
I absolutely despise glo anything. It unnatural and cruel/inhumane.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's not really inhumane - they don't hurt the fish - it's a gene, not a tattoo or dying.

But it definitely isn't natural.

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's not really inhumane - they don't hurt the fish - it's a gene, not a tattoo or dying.

Some of them are; the ones by the genes are "natural" (as in the dont **** any needles in them) but there are some where they do use needles and such (usually on larger fish because it's easier to do).

HobbyJohnny

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Philippine blues are my plan! They’re stunning fish!

This is my male in the new pair.
View attachment 380299
WOW I thought your new male was my male koi! Personally, the lesser red kois are my favorite too!

I came across a website that talked about Glo-fish of any type. Albeit some are actually genetically modified for the glo, lots of fish are unfortunately dyed that color. Particularly Deathco fish, like tetras. They simply take a blank canvas like a white skirt tetra, and dye their scales. The lifespan of these fish are typically much lower and it is rather shameful to harm a life just to fulfill some 12 year olds overstocked 5.5 gallon tank.

BUT as for genetically modified angelfish, I would be first in line to buy a glowing super veil as long as they are not harmed!

Being that yours is a male, would you say that mine is a male? I have a common silver angelfish who is a female in my tank, and I would love for them to become pairs so I can possibly get some striped koi one day...

Natalya

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

https://www.rfitropicalfish.com/aquarium-shop/angelfish/75-95-solid-red-select-angelfish-quarter-body-sized/

Natalya

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
No idea, I dont have any experience with this seller. I just assumed they were natural before you asked

HobbyJohnny

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
No idea, I dont have any experience with this seller. I just assumed they were natural before you asked
As we mentioned before, we love the color variations but I will never condone some type of inhumane treatment in order to achieve such a color, even as beautiful as this one. Definitely going to start researching this because I think I could handle a breeding pair of these!

Natalya

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
As we mentioned before, we love the color variations but I will never condone some type of inhumane treatment in order to achieve such a color, even as beautiful as this one. Definitely going to start researching this because I think I could handle a breeding pair of these!
Not to mention that treated fish would not be possible to breed to the same color. Do let me know what you find

HobbyJohnny

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Not to mention that treated fish would not be possible to breed to the same color. Do let me know what you find
It would be heartbreaking if I thought these were genetically red angels, and as they breed, they produce platinum or blushing angelfish. I would hate for them to be exposed to red dye like that.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom