Fav Loach Species?

1. P

PAND3MIC Member Member

What is your favorite loach species?

I have always loved loaches as a whole, but personally, Polka Dot/Burmese Border loaches are my all time favorite. They are full of personality, highly curious, and each has its own one of a kind pattern. I also like how they start to jitter and dash around when they smell food hit the water

2. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

all loaches have big personalities. I currently have yoyo loaches and dwarf loaches. They both are full of personality, active swimmers , My yoyo loaches sometimes annoy my Severum with all the movement and craziness.

3. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I like kuhli loaches because they don't eat snails, and I also love snails. :)

4. MommaLake

MommaLake Well Known Member Member

I have kuhli's which I rarely see. I had yoyos which were great but very pushy.
    I'd say my favorite are my dojos. They're big and they are out enough that I don't feel like I've wasted bioload (like my kuhlis). The dojos are also super peaceful, even friendly with tiny cories. Their only down side is they need a fairly large tank so that they can have buddies (they really need buddies). I love their cute little whisker faces.

5. Lance0414

Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

My favorites are Kuhli, Java, and Dojo though i have never kept them.

6. Sarcasm Included

Sarcasm Included Well Known Member Member

Sewelia SEW03- while I love my Yoyos these guys a sight to see when they fight. They spin around each other flapping their wing like fins and can do it for hours. Top it off, the juveniles are black with light brown stripes and it changes to brown with small black polka dots.

7. col7on

col7on Member Member

I love clown loaches currently have 6 want to upgrade to a 140 or bigger and get more loaches and since they live for 20ish years they will be around awhile love watching them school and pile into stuff together as well

8. SaltySeaLion

SaltySeaLion Member Member

oooh, oooh! I just joined, and I love my little panda loaches! :happy:

9. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Mine are kuhlis!

10. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

11. fishtankwatcher

fishtankwatcher Member Member

12. CharcoalMoose

CharcoalMoose Member Member

My fav is the Batik Loach

13. Cray-cray Crayfish

Cray-cray Crayfish Member Member

Kuhlis are the BOMB!

14. fish time

fish time Well Known Member Member

Dojos are life dojos are love dojos are my hobby lol

15. BettaFishyLuvr

BettaFishyLuvr Well Known Member Member

I don’t have any but I love dojo loaches, although kuhlis r right behind

16. 2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

Dojo. :) who wouldn't fall for a face like that?
    FF07CF6A-47B5-4883-84A9-6498AAD9112C.jpeg

17. Nataku

Nataku Well Known Member Member

I love dojos and kuhlis, its a hard toss up between the two. I really love any of the loaches that are more snake/eel like in appearance. But the dojos are just so personable. I love how they have no qualms about coming right up to me when I have my arm in the tank and checking me out. But the kuhlis are just so stinking cute with their bands and short little round faces. I also love how distinct the kuhli's individual markings are. P. Semicincta are incredibly variable in their markings, and I like being able to tell my individuals in a group apart.

18. fish time

fish time Well Known Member Member

Dojos again sorry it's just I got a new dojo a01eb5f08b559e1af547cbe81f7445d8.jpg

19. 2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

You did??? You got one of those Florida ones?? What’s his name!!

20. Patrick11001

Patrick11001 Initiate Member

Skunk loaches for sure very playful d8439bab655a81f1f95c70c628cd761a.jpg