Faucet Does Not Appear To Connect To Python - Alternatives?

agrant77

HI all,

Recently moved to a rowhouse, and our new sink has the following faucet, which does not appear to fit the python (or similar hose) that I've used in the past. We have a small patio out back, but no yard, so no place to really run a hose (and having just moved in, not sure we even have a hose attachment out back, I haven't seen one yet).

Any thoughts on whether there's an attachment that would allow the Python to connect? if not, any decent alternatives for this type of faucet?

Thanks!

kqPb2GI.jpg

uyzZs42.jpg

LpiW1qN.jpg

kstSlv5.jpg

Attachments

• kqPb2GI.jpg
    kqPb2GI.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 47
  • uyzZs42.jpg
    uyzZs42.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 49

kallililly1973

That’s the type that doubles as a sprayer so I don’t think there is an attachment for it. Although you may be able to unscrew the sprayer to see if the attachment works and if not find the brand of your faucet and bring the python valve with you to match up the right size... usually 3/4” or 13/16” I had to do that with my aqueon water changer Does your bathroom sink have a regular faucet that u may be able to get an adapter to work in there ?

Momgoose56

If the head of the faucet unscrews from the faucet hose (as mine does)

15573257226294345476200044871357.jpg
There may be an adaptor at your local hardware store that will convert the hose end to fit the Python. Also, how about your bathroom faucet?

agrant77

We have one bathroom and it's on the 2nd floor and the aquarium will be on the first floor. Would that height differential affect the ability to use the python? I haven't checked the bathroom faucet because I didn't think that it would work being one floor up, but if it will, I'll check tonight when I get home.

And the sprayer does not appear to easily unscrew, but will spend some more time tonight trying to figure out how it detaches and go from there.

Thanks!

Momgoose56

We have one bathroom and it's on the 2nd floor and the aquarium will be on the first floor. Would that height differential affect the ability to use the python? I haven't checked the bathroom faucet because I didn't think that it would work being one floor up, but if it will, I'll check tonight when I get home.

And the sprayer does not appear to easily unscrew, but will spend some more time tonight trying to figure out how it detaches and go from there.

Thanks!
If you have a long enough hose, and the upstairs faucet would work, that would be an option for filling a tank, but I'm not sure for draining it with a python. Before you do anything though, investigate the outside hose option first-double check to see if there's a hose connection nearby. That's what I use and it's so much more convenient.

kallililly1973

You sprayer appears to unscrew if u hold the silver and gray piece and turn it.. the only other thing to keep in mind going upstairs is it will be out of sight so u may want someone watching it Incase the hose comes loose or anything happens wit the valve

agrant77

Thanks everyone!

Scottnbrittany85

I use an electric water pump to drain water pushing it straight out my back door, and I use the washer and dryer hook up to run a hose to fill the tank.

PiscesMama

I had an usual faucet for my kitchen sink too and bought SEVERAL different types of plumbing attachments to try to make it work. Long story short, it never fit correctly and I ended up giving up and connecting the python to the hose outside. Even though I cannot regulate the temperature as much my fish don’t seem to mind and it is no longer a messy headache.

Momgoose56

That's what I do. Hope agrant77 has found a solution!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SadieCM
Replies
Views
NavyChief20
Replies
Views
jjohnwm
Replies
Views