Fat white clouds??

1. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Been curious about something for a while but have forgotten to ask, I have 5 white clouds in my tank, they are little pigs and always the first in the flake food line! A few of them are rather pudgy and have been like this for quite a while, they seem healthy and active otherwise, are the pudgy ones just getting more food than the others? The are not just pudgy after feeding, but all the time. Anyone?
  2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

do you have a photo you could post? it could be normal, bloat, dropsy (if there is pineconing)... hard to tell with just the info you've provided.

3. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

I don't have a photo to show, tried to take one but doesn't turn out to well. They have been like this for at least a month, I just figured it was normal but it seems rather odd that some are like that and some not. What is bloat, exactly, and if it was dropsy wouldn't they have perished by now?
    Pineconing..hmmm....what does that mean?
  4. Elvishswimmer Member Member

5. platy ben Well Known Member Member

I agree wih elvishswimmer, I think its just your females which will have eggs in them most of the time :)
  6. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Well, it is definately not pineconing, thanks for the explaination on that. I guess it could be just eggs, because they look sleek and healthy otherwise. Am I to expect a bunch of White Cloud babies someday?