Fat white clouds??

Discussion in 'Cyprinids (includes Goldfish)' started by GoGreen, Dec 13, 2009.

1. GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

Been curious about something for a while but have forgotten to ask, I have 5 white clouds in my tank, they are little pigs and always the first in the flake food line! A few of them are rather pudgy and have been like this for quite a while, they seem healthy and active otherwise, are the pudgy ones just getting more food than the others? The are not just pudgy after feeding, but all the time. Anyone?

2. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

do you have a photo you could post? it could be normal, bloat, dropsy (if there is pineconing)... hard to tell with just the info you've provided.

3. OP
    OP
    G

GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

I don't have a photo to show, tried to take one but doesn't turn out to well. They have been like this for at least a month, I just figured it was normal but it seems rather odd that some are like that and some not. What is bloat, exactly, and if it was dropsy wouldn't they have perished by now?
    Pineconing..hmmm....what does that mean?

4. Elvishswimmer

ElvishswimmerValued MemberMember

Pine coning is when a fish has dropsy and all their scales are raised up

Maybe some are females and have eggs?

5. platy ben

platy benWell Known MemberMember

I agree wih elvishswimmer, I think its just your females which will have eggs in them most of the time :)

6. OP
    OP
    G

GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

Well, it is definately not pineconing, thanks for the explaination on that. I guess it could be just eggs, because they look sleek and healthy otherwise. Am I to expect a bunch of White Cloud babies someday?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice