Fat now skinny

Discussion in 'Molly' started by kribensis keeper, Mar 26, 2010.

1. kribensis keeper

kribensis keeperValued MemberMember

Today I went down to he LFS and brought myself another female Molly
    turns out she was pregnent which I knew when I got her as I asked the guy
    for her. So I got home let her accumulate the let her swim for a few hours
    then I went to see how she was going and I saw a tail looking thing sticking
    out of her.
    She went down to the bottom of the tank and laid down on the gravel inbetween one of my sorwds she was lucky she got there as the kribs currntly have fry themselves the one came out I thought better save the rest so I got her and put her in a breeding box she gave birth to ten (is that a normal number) I think she is young also when she gave birth she gave birth to 4-5 which were still eggs will they mabey hatch if they are developed or not

please respond thank you guys

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning Krib,

I seriously doubt the eggs will develop since Molly's are live bearers. It sounds like she may have given birth prematurely. I've never heard of them producing eggs. However, I had a platy that gave birth and what came out looked like an egg. Then all of a sudden two babies burst from the egg but it was within seconds from the time the egg was expelled. (so to speak).

Are you certain they aren't Krib eggs?

I think 10 is fairly normal. The # may increase as she gets older.

Best wishes.
    Ken

3. OP
    OP
    kribensis keeper

kribensis keeperValued MemberMember

I am sure they are not krib eggs as she gave birth in a breeder box also how big should they be a 3 months

4. wonton55912Valued MemberMember

release when they caant be eaten.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice