Fat Molly??

1. Shireen Initiate Member

one of my mollies is REALLY fat. is it just overeating? i dont want to breed them, but it was never a big eater. what do i do?????:confused:

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi, I changed your title to better reflect your question. You're apt to get more responses that why.
    I don't know about live bearers but plenty of members do, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Is your aquarium info up to date?

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Shireen. With you having a lot of Molly's per your profile chances are your "fat" molly is pregnant? hmmm? Do I hear the pitter patter of tiny fins? :giggle:
    Ken

4. nater Initiate Member

The Molly is probably pregnant. Even if you don't have males in your tank there were more than likely males in the tank at the petstore and they stored sperm.

Just make sure the fins are not sticking out like a pinecone or pineapple that is a sign of dropsy. Dropsy will also make a fish bloat up and usually die.

5. m-corbett1 Initiate Member

prego... if you dont want to have lil ones then id just remove all the hiding places in your tank for a lil bit... mollies loooovvvveeeee babies for dinner. Grusome, but very true.