Fat minnow or Female with eggs

sto0ka
Compared to other, this one have double size belly.
Is it just fat minnow or I can expect some fry soon ?

DSC09952.jpg

DSC09957.jpg

DSC09946.jpg

DSC09947.jpg

Sprinkle
Heh, I'm getting my minnows today and so I have been doing a research on them.
So, if a female minnows has eggs she will be fat, just like yours.
Minnows aren't live bearing fish, they are egg scatterers so it means that they will drop the eggs on plants, decor or substrate. When you will see the eggs, you either will have to remove the adults or eggs or to feed them twice a day amounts of food the minnows will eat in 2 minutes and remember to remove any uneaten food as this will produce ammonia.

sto0ka
I don't actually need more Minnows
I kind of hope my Goldfish will clean that eggs/fry. But there is loads of hiding space in the tank

Sprinkle
sto0ka said:
I don't actually need more Minnows
I kind of hope my Goldfish will clean that eggs/fry. But there is loads of hiding space in the tank
What is the tank size?

sto0ka
60l

But fish are happy and doing great. (I know most of people are like 100l minimum for 1 goldfish etc..)

Sprinkle
sto0ka said:
60l

But fish are happy and doing great. (I know most of people are like 100l minimum for 1 goldfish etc..)
60L tank is good enough for one goldfish. For a small kind of goldfish and you need a well estabilished tank.

Littlebudda
I stayed with 5 minnow and 5 danio with my gold fish in the pond I now have over 100 of each in that pond and probably 50 each from the 10 I moved to the waterfall pond the goldfish have never paid much attention to the fry, If I pulled a net through the pond I reckon I’d get 30 fish in one scoop.

Latest threads

Top Bottom