FAT male Dwarf Gourami

bharris0603

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I bought this little guy "Cupcake" a few months ago. He has always been a little on the pudgy side. Hence my daughters naming him Cupcake. Well I gave him and his companions a pinch of flake and a blood worm cube last night. NORMALLY I would pull out the remaining blood worms after a few minutes. But the fell away somewhere and I couldn't find them. Well... I think Cupcake found them. He is fatter than I have ever seen him, and he is hiding in his favorite cave. Normally during the day he would be following me around the room or checking himself out in the glass and swimming around his buddies.

Rewind a bit. I have tried fasting him. I have tried feeding him peas. The peas seemed to help a bit, but even that was minimal. I FOR SURE know that I am going to be fasting the tank until tomorrow afternoon. But would you recommend peas as their first meal? The other Dwarfs in the tank are perfectly fine. It's just this little turd. Also, is there anything additional you all recommend? It is also worth noting that we have never seen pineconing of his scales. Just a beer gut.

20200326_090523.jpg

20200326_090508.jpg

EmbersToAshes

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is deffenantly pudgy but otherwise looks healthy. I think you have done the right thing. I would make peas the first meal if he eats them, and is still bloated after a couple days of fasting.

New Threads