Fasto and Piggy

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Temporary names for two male bettas, I nicknamed them that cos they really do like to gorge themselves, but have since learnt to feed them a little less... The strange thing is, that when I went to my pet store I saw the two of them in a tank together, YES two MALES in a tank TOGETHER... They dont fight or flare at eachother, and seem to really like eachothers company, I thought it was so odd that I bought them. Is it possible that they are still juveniles? cos they look fully grown to me. I wish I could take a picture of the two and post it but my camera is not working at the moment. Im sceptical to put them in the same tank together again, so I took my 15g and put a perspex divider in the tank, they seemed really upset when they werent together, they both started moping around and looking sorry for themselves. At least they can see eachother now and seem much happier... They eat like pigs again.

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
How very strange, I've never heard of anything like this. Did you ask your store about the history of these fish, if any?

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the owner said that he had always kept them together, apparently someone brought them in cos they couldnt keep them anymore, hed had them about 1 month. They really seem to love eachother!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You may have to put them back together. Sometimes when they are together this way and they are seperated, they will become depressed and let themselves die. Bettas are very prone to depression I suppose due to the way they are raised. If they are eating and doing well now you may be okay but if this should change the only answer may be to remove the divider and let them be brothers again.

you are very lucky to have two to love who love each other as well.

Rose

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
I suppose I am, they both stopped eating and this morning I let them say hello to eachother and immediately they seemed happy again, I think they might still be quite young, they really are very sweet! It is very odd!

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome that you have Betta's that are like that. I wish I could find some like that. I bet you might have to have them in the same tank since they were born. unforunately, theres no breeders around here I could get some from.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It does not sound like they are going to do well apart. If they continue to quit eating at intervals, please consider allowing them to live together as it may be cruel to keep them apart. They sound as though they really love each other. This is so nice!! Let them make the decision.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom