Fast Stocking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok so i have 22gallons tank, pretty highly planted, two inside filters 1 400l/h second 300l/h. Great water circulation and i do every 5-7 days around 30-35% water change.
Stocking:1 apistogramma agassizii, 8 harlequin Rasbora, 5 black neon tetras, 1 ancistrus baby for now.
So could i put few more otocinclus in to make bottom of tank little more alive?
So 3-5 would be great if i am not pushing stock limit already.

OP
appcontrol

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If you want bottom movement, get a school of corydoras maybe?
I think full school would be too much, plus apistogramma could hurt them. Plan is to put otos i like how they look and they are useful so. I just need someone to tell me would i be to heavily stocking with few more otos with crew i have

N8_the_Gr8

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Apistos shouldn’t show aggression towards Cory’s. Otos hang around and don’t really move that much. Cory’s have an amazing personality and can be cute. They also are the good at getting rid of uneaten food.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wouldn't, you already have 2 schools which is pretty much the max for a 20g, so adding another school of 5 would not be a good idea IMO.(otos need groups, so a minimum of 5 is required to provide them adequate care)

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Aqadvisor isn't always accurate, so I wouldn't use it.

I think it'd be fine to add otos if you can keep up with water changes and making sure you have enough food for them and the pleco. I think you'd have room for a school of cories instead, if you'd rather. The Apisto shouldn't mess with them.

OP
appcontrol

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

I think it'd be fine to add otos if you can keep up with water changes and making sure you have enough food for them and the pleco. I think you'd have room for a school of cories instead, if you'd rather. The Apisto shouldn't mess with them.
Ok tnx man, yes of corse i have some algae now in tank because i started adding profito so i need to find right dose. As water change it is every 5-7 days without compromise. And plan is to make some alge out of tank. I am not that big fun of corys and i dont have sand, plus apistogramma. So i choose otos

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

Aqadisor is fine if you take it with a grain of salt. It can be very conservative in stocking, but it's reliable if you are a beginner looking for information.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's not even fine, actually. They have some bad info on compatibility and water parameter needs, and it can lead beginners in the wrong direction.

OP
appcontrol

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Aqadisor is fine if you take it with a grain of salt. It can be very conservative in stocking, but it's reliable if you are a beginner looking for information.
Yes i know it's not 100% accurate but i use it as some kind of frame if you get me.

It's not even fine, actually. They have some bad info on compatibility and water parameter needs, and it can lead beginners in the wrong direction.
Yes i know, let say for apistogramma it doesn't calculate territory they need, size difference in male and female and compatibility with moat of other fishes

Last edited by a moderator:

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Very true, but it helps with having a guideline to keeping the fish. Besides, if anyone is going to keep a certain fish, they need to research it's needs first, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom