Fast Growing ????

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just recently put 2 live plants and I want to add a lot more before I introduce live tropical fish into my tank. Dose anyone have any suggestions for very fast growing plants.

the faster they grow the better

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The growth rate depends a lot of the time on the lighting and CO2 available in the tank. Most folks here (including me) have low light (low tech) tanks that have just regular lighting and no CO2. The PlantGeek website would be a great place for you to research what plants would grow well in your tank situation. Once you found the plants suitable for your tank, you could post those plants here for input from others who have had these plants in their tanks.

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Fastest growing plant I have is Ambulia. I have low lighting and I have to trim it every week and by trimming I mean haking it down!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Anacharis are supposed to grow really fast. Medium-low light (I'm sure just plain low light would be fine), easy care.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hornwort is another one, but if it starts shedding, get it out of there. It shed on me and you have plant leaves EVERYWHERE :'(

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom