Fast Growing ????

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Joe G, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Joe G

Joe GValued MemberMember

I just recently put 2 live plants and I want to add a lot more before I introduce live tropical fish into my tank. Dose anyone have any suggestions for very fast growing plants.

the faster they grow the better

2. Gunnie

GunnieWell Known MemberMember

The growth rate depends a lot of the time on the lighting and CO2 available in the tank. Most folks here (including me) have low light (low tech) tanks that have just regular lighting and no CO2. The PlantGeek website would be a great place for you to research what plants would grow well in your tank situation. Once you found the plants suitable for your tank, you could post those plants here for input from others who have had these plants in their tanks. ;)

www.plantgeek.net

3. Jason

JasonWell Known MemberMember

Fastest growing plant I have is Ambulia. I have low lighting and I have to trim it every week and by trimming I mean haking it down!

4. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Anacharis are supposed to grow really fast. Medium-low light (I'm sure just plain low light would be fine), easy care.

5. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

hornwort is another one, but if it starts shedding, get it out of there. It shed on me and you have plant leaves EVERYWHERE :'(