Farewell tetras

Matthiasfanu

Reaction score
So after finding out that my purchase of a school of neon tetras was ill advised for my 10 gallon tank and having one pass away the day after I purchased them I thought it best to return them to the store as I was unable to provide them with an adequate home.

I know there is a 10 gallon stocking list on this forum and I have looked at it. However I do not recognize or know many of the fish on it except for a betta. I know this is a lot to ask but I'm hoping someone out there can give me some suggestions on a couple of fish for my 10 gallon. I attached a picture of ,y tank so you are able to see what I'm working with. All of the plants are either silk or plastic just so you know.

image.jpg

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A school of ember tetras will work in a 10. The males top out at 1/2 inch and the females7/8 of an inch. Hardy and peaceful, they are a lovely burnt orange color when they settle in. some ghost shrimp , and a nerite snail or two. The embers would really stand out with the dark substrate. Alison

I3uckethead

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Matthiasfanu said:
How big do the rasboras get
Emerald dwarf rasboras are about the same size as ember tetras, celestial pearl Danios, enders, and Scarlet badis. All max out around 3/4" and would be suitable for a 10gal.
There are also dwarf pencil fish that are similar size.

OP
M

Matthiasfanu

Reaction score
Are any of those available at my LFS or should I look online. I live in Southern California

scottishduck

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Where in Southern California?

I live in San Diego and have seen lots of varieties of fish around at my LFS (not large box or chain stores, mind you).

Dovah

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
OP
M

Matthiasfanu

Reaction score
I'm probably overthinking this. I had a betta before and loved him. I'm just going to get a betta and some shrimp. Ghost or red cherry?

Dovah

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It all depends on the temperament of your betta. I personally would try ghosts first since they're less expensive snacks should the betta decide on a taste.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't think it matters, personally. I've noticed lately that the chain stores have excellent looking bettas. Just look for the healthiest looking.

New Threads