Farewell Labaron!

Krysty

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I lost my last Zebra Danio today. It's mostly sad because he was the last of the original fish I bought when I first started fish keeping. We named him Labaron. The others I lost, probably d/t beginners ignorance but I thought he was gonna make it. Was going to get a bigger tank this weekend too...

Last week I bought 6 White Clouds and placed them with my Labaron. He was shy at first but then started schooling with them. After a few days he started hiding out again, except at meal time he would come out. I noticed a couple of days ago his tail fin was....gone! I knew he probably wouldnt make it after that but I hoped. He was still getting around pretty well with his little stump!

Has any one seen this before? Did my White Clouds attack him? Could it have been the filter since he hid near the filter at times?

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into what caused this, I never noticed any aggression from the White Clouds.

Either way, I think I'm sticking to a species only tank for a while. White Clouds for now.

Ashley45

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sorry about your loss... I am not sure if white clouds are nippers or not but hopefully somebody will be along soon to help you out a bit more...

Thai Aquarium owner

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As far as I am aware, the White Cloud is a peaceful species, and not a "nipper"
Hopefully you QT,d the WC before putting them in your tank ?
The reason I ask, is that one week is just about the right time for a bacterial infection to affect your tank that has been introduced via WC fish
Are the WC fish showing any signs of distress or a disease called "fin rot" ?
Also check water parameters - has Ammonia started to rise due to the extra bio-load you have placed on the filter ?

New Threads