Farewell, Juno

hooxeii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Some of you may have seen the thread where I detailed a strange lump that my platy Juno had developed. Well, I'm sad to report that while the lump itself vanished, Juno became ill and didn't make it.

I'm thinking that the prolapsed intestine she'd always had became infected for some odd reason. Poor girl.

Juno came to me as a gift, and she wasn't a gift I really wanted. I debated taking her back to the pet store, but as soon as I noticed she was pregnant, my sympathies swung towards her and I simply couldn't send her back to have her fry in some store tank. She had no less than 4 batches of fry while under my care, all of which were from a mating before she came to me. She wasn't the best mother, but that was ok.

Sometimes life gives us lemons, so to speak. I came to enjoy Juno, and her bossy antics will be missed. RIP dear, may you swim free...

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm so sorry for your loss...

To complete what you said. "Sometimes life gives us lemons, and so we use them to make lemonade!" You did your best, don't forget that.

Disc10

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sorry to hear about that, it always sucks when a pet you hold dear passes away. Always remember the nice times you had

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom