Fancy Guppy For Beginners

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Allinone, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Allinone

AllinoneValued MemberMember

Which type of fancy guppy is good for beginners in your experience?Tuxedo white/Moscow blue/seven colour/half black/big ear/jet black/yellow sunset.

2. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

MOST guppies are very good for beginners - the males are good to get because you won't have problems with breeding ( often, females come from the store pregnant ) and besides, males are more prettier.

What size tank do you have? Any other occupants?

Here are my males -

CSC_0020.JPG

3. Revterry

RevterryValued MemberMember

In my experience it hasn't really mattered just color differences. I've been breeding mine out for about a decade.

4. OP
    OP
    Allinone

Which type of guppy are you breeding?

5. Revterry

I don't remember what they started as (I bought the first 5 pairs about 11 years ago) but I bred them to have an arrow shape on tail, I call them goofyboots guppies, very few of my males have this anymore though. Now I'm breeding in split tails.

6. lilabug4545

lilabug4545Well Known MemberMember

Awesome! I breed split-tails, too, but I've mainly been focusing on color recently.

More on topic, I've never met a guppy that wasn't good with tank mates. There won't be any differences in temperament unless you get some specifically bred for such.

7. Revterry

I agree, other than their own fry they are harmless, its a fish if it'll fit in it's mouth it'll prolly eat it.

8. OP
    OP
    Allinone

I also had brought some guppies about six years ago. I didn't add new guppies to them. They breeded and changed to look like wild guppies.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice