Fancy Goldfish White Eggs Help

1. Hamza L.K

Hamza L.K New Member Member

Hi. I have 2 fancy gold fish. A black moor and a vieltail. The vieltails a female coz she has released eggs in the past but didn't have a mate back then im not sure of the black moors sex but he keeps poking the female in her "vent" so I wanna know of you can confirm he's male and if so help me breed them. Their both about 5 inches nose to tail. Help will be appreciated.
    Hamza LK

IMG_20180622_195450.jpg IMG_20180622_195345.jpg IMG_20180622_195334.jpg IMG_20180622_195322.jpg

2. LilBlub

LilBlub Well Known Member Member

Your black moor looks like a female. You can tell by looking at their cloaca, if it’s an “innie” it’s a boy, if it’s an “outie” it’s a girl. I think I can see an “outie” on her.

3. OP
    OP
    Hamza L.K

It looks like an outie. maybe shes either immature or infertile coz she didnt release eggs when given a soft nudge while the vieltail released white eggs, Lots of them.
    Tnx for the info.
    Im also getting an adult fancy male goldfish tomorrow at the petstore about 8$ for a ready to breed male. Breeding season won't last long i my country so ill keep them together in the breed tank 26 gall. I'v got my current fish 2 fancy goldfish and 5 (2 inch) bristlenose plecos in a 59 gall 2ft cube tank.
    I hope thats ok.:)

4. LilBlub

A 5 inch goldfish isn’t full grown, so I wouldn’t expect her to lay eggs until she’s bigger. Your other one must be an early bloomer!

Are you sure you want to breed your fish? That will result in hundreds of babies that you’ll be responsible for raising, grooming, and possibly culling, and eventually finding homes for.

5. OP
    OP
    Hamza L.K

I have a pond clean cycled with water lilys. Tbh im breeding them to sell their offsprings when they grow bout 2 months. Life is hard in the third world especially if you have expensive hobbies. Its will help fund my next aquaria project.:)

So will this early bloomer be able to breed with the male coz her eggs are white not amber like those on youtube i just hope she'll be able to breed. I know i might sound greedy saying im breeding them for money but im just being honest. Fancies go for about 3.5$ each 2-3 inches (2 months olds maybe) here in my country at shops. But i'll sell to the lfs for about 2$ each. So will the early bloomer breed with her white eggs?

6. LilBlub

I honestly don’t know, I’ve never bred my goldfish. You can try and see what happens. If it doesn’t work now, I’m sure they’ll breed again in the future. Typically goldfish have the best breeding success when they’re a few years old.

7. OP
    OP
    Hamza L.K

Tnx for all info. Hope they breed . Keeping fish is an awesome hobby but its expensive tho. Some income from it mighy help cut food and equipment costs :)

8. OP
    OP
    Hamza L.K

Hi can anyone who' experienced in fancy goldfish breeding please give me some advice. My goldfish lays white eggs so do such eggs hatch or is not? And what med can i use intead of meth blue for preventing egg fungus or is there even a way to get eggs to hatch without any meds :)

9. OP
    OP
    Hamza L.K

Here's the med i used its acriflavin based or something.can't find meth blue in my country.

tmp-cam-524541427.jpg